GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I picked up the new baby on Sunday will any issues have been addressed by the dealer, or will I get a recall notice in the mail?

I would hope that the dealer had already taken care of any recall issues before they let it leave the lot. But you never know.

How do I find out if mine is even included in any recalls or TSB's?

Thanks in advance, Dan

·
Registered
50 Posts
Look in the Tech section of these boards, and click on the recalls sticky thread. They have VIN #s listed for each recall, or service notice.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link.

Of course I qualify for all of them. After talking to the service department they tell me they received the vehicle on the 13 and they scan the code then, and the TSB and the recall was posted on the 14th. So because I picked up this car on the first of April, two weeks after they were notified I will have to bring it back in to have the work done. You would think with the kind of computer technology that is available they would have had plenty of time to do this work. Not to mention that they should have never let it off the lot without it being 100% if they had the chance to. Also I would think they should have mentioned this to me when I wrote them the check for $44,000. This is one mark against the dealer they should have wanted to avoid. I will mention it in any survey questionnaire I may be given, as well as to the sales manager when I come in.

When I was in business if I knew the customer was going to complain about something I always brought it to their attention first. It's just good business, and good sense.

Now to their credit when I went back in yesterday to pick up a missing floor mat and have a scratched wheel replaced free of charge, the filled my gas tank for me as an show of good faith. That was nice!!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
You know, I keep hearing about dealers that aren't even aware of these recalls and TSBs. People are printing them off of this forum, taking them to the dealer and they are shocked when they look in their computers and find out that, sure enough, this owner knows what they're talking about. It's obviously not an incredibly well designed system if the dealers themselves seem to have trouble find the TSBs that we know about (or even the recalls that we got letters from GM about!).

·
Registered
82 Posts
admin said:
You know, I keep hearing about dealers that aren't even aware of these recalls and TSBs. People are printing them off of this forum, taking them to the dealer and they are shocked when they look in their computers and find out that, sure enough, this owner knows what they're talking about. It's obviously not an incredibly well designed system if the dealers themselves seem to have trouble find the TSBs that we know about (or even the recalls that we got letters from GM about!).
The was my exact expeirience with the transmission recall/tsb. They had no clue and I sensed a lot of resement when I showed them what they needed to be looking for on a piece of paper from the web.

·
Registered
261 Posts
admin said:
I recently had that happen to one of the laterTSB's. I showed my service writer the numbers and he said it has n/a by my vin number. When I brought it in a few days ago it was different so I told him just check with 'acadiaforum.net' and you can get all the information before GM gives it to you.

·
Registered
218 Posts
This is why it is so nice to sign up for OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics, it will let you know when a recall campaign is on your vehicle. Just push the blue button and give the advisors your email address. The best thing about it is it is included in the first year of OnStar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts