GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SLE with the convenience group that has rear park assist and XM, that's it, no other bells and whistles. My husband finds the automatice locking doors a bit irritating. He doesn't get into the car until after I back it out of the garage and then we have to hit the "unlock" button since it locked when I shifted out of "park". Isn't there a way i can change this so it won't lock until we hit 8 miles an hour or something? I've been over and over the book and it is not clear. When I punch the button on the dash that lists odometer, rear parking asist, language, etc., there is no mention of door locks. Am I mistaken and I can not change this feature in any way?

·
Registered
246 Posts
dinny said:
I have an SLE with the convenience group that has rear park assist and XM, that's it, no other bells and whistles. My husband finds the automatice locking doors a bit irritating. He doesn't get into the car until after I back it out of the garage and then we have to hit the "unlock" button since it locked when I shifted out of "park". Isn't there a way i can change this so it won't lock until we hit 8 miles an hour or something? I've been over and over the book and it is not clear. When I punch the button on the dash that lists odometer, rear parking asist, language, etc., there is no mention of door locks. Am I mistaken and I can not change this feature in any way?
Since you have an SLE you may be out of luck on this issue. If I am not mistaken, the SLE comes with the base DIC (the one
without the DIC buttons) and it appears that you need the enhanced DIC (with the 4 buttons on the centre stack) to be able
to change the auto door locking settings. I think the enhanced DIC is only available on the SLT1 or SLT2.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good news! All of those options that are available via DIC on the SLT models can be set by the dealer service department.

I don't like the horn sounding when I press the lock to set the alarm...so they checked and can disable it.....which I could have done myself on any SLT model.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you saying the dealer can either disable this feature or make it lock when the car reaches 8 miles an hour for me. When you say your dealer changed it for you, am I correct in assuming you also have an SLE?

That would be so cool!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I do have an SLE...and the dealer can set or un-set virtually any feature that is available thru the DIC on SLT models. I would call them and ask, but I was pleasantly surprised...especially after spending 3 years with a Dodge minivan that beeps every time I locked it! (The previous model could be programmed to shush mode.)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wonder if they can force it to activate fuel MPG info.

bobboots said:
I do have an SLE...and the dealer can set or un-set virtually any feature that is available thru the DIC on SLT models. I would call them and ask, but I was pleasantly surprised...especially after spending 3 years with a Dodge minivan that beeps every time I locked it! (The previous model could be programmed to shush mode.)

·
Registered
121 Posts
All, the service bulletin has been released today so that SLE models can have the door lock feature reprogrammed by your dealer. The bulletin number is 07-08-64-014. Hope this helps and sorry for the VERY long delay in getting this done!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought an 2008 Acadia SLE. My wife hates the fact that it unlocks the doors when it's shifted into park. I took the service bulletin listed above to the Dealer to have them make it so all the doors remained. Well the Service Manager comes back saying that they cannot make the change on the '08, and the change with the above bulletin number only works on '07s. He said that I would have to wait until there was a software upgrade for the '08. Has anyone yet tried this successfully on an '08?

My Wife on Monday is going to call up GM Corporate and give them an earful for making the unlock feature the "default" setting and not the OPTION. So now the only thing that we hate about the Acadia is that the DIC button is not standard on all models so the owner can make simple changes. We test drove an SLT, but decided we did not want sun-roofs and such included. Of course my Wife did not want to special order the SUV. We never thought about the DIC button as an upgrade. Of course we did not look for it on SLE model and the Salesman did not mention it. It's such a little thing. I mean how many base model vehicles come with fog lights standard? Anyway I could continue to rant, but you get my point. Even my 2003 Dodge Intrepid auto locks the doors when moving, but leaves them locked when placed in park. It's just a STUPID choice by GM to make the unlock feature the default setting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My husband and I recently purchased a 2008 Acadia SLE. Needless to say, I was in complete disbelief to learn I could not change the door unlocking default. As many of you did, I contacted the dealer which told me everything I read in the manual. Finally, I was told to bring it in and they could reprogram it to add the feature. So, I took it in just to be told they couldn't do it. The dealer called GMC service department which in turn stated it couldn't be done because my car didn't have the actual buttons to add the feature to the DIC. Highly upset, I called the customer service number listed in the manual just to be read once again what is stated in the manual. As a result, you guest it, I received the same useless information. I continued my search and went to the GMC website to see what the standard features are for the 2008 SLE and what do you know; it had Door Locks, Power Programmable, w/ Lockout Protection listed as a standard feature for ALL models. Note, it said programmable (which means it can be changed)... not programmed (which means no other changes can be made). I called my salesperson today and disclosed what is clearly stated on GMC website. Still awaiting feedback. I will fight this to the end. I don't care if they have to add the feature as long as it is covered under the warranty. I will not pay for what should have been standard.

I can't believe GMC made a choice like this. I understand the child safety lock and fully support it. But, I'm amazed that someone can easily jump into your vehicle as soon as you go into park; order you to go into the back seat in which you can't get out of by the way of escaping. That's Great!

Although I am highly disappointed by this; overall, thus far, I still love the car. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Suggestion: Use the power lock/unlock feature on the door.

·
Registered
956 Posts
MyCadie08 said:
My husband and I recently purchased a 2008 Acadia SLE. Needless to say, I was in complete disbelief to learn I could not change the door unlocking default. As many of you did, I contacted the dealer which told me everything I read in the manual. Finally, I was told to bring it in and they could reprogram it to add the feature. So, I took it in just to be told they couldn't do it. The dealer called GMC service department which in turn stated it couldn't be done because my car didn't have the actual buttons to add the feature to the DIC. Highly upset, I called the customer service number listed in the manual just to be read once again what is stated in the manual. As a result, you guest it, I received the same useless information. I continued my search and went to the GMC website to see what the standard features are for the 2008 SLE and what do you know; it had Door Locks, Power Programmable, w/ Lockout Protection listed as a standard feature for ALL models. Note, it said programmable (which means it can be changed)... not programmed (which means no other changes can be made). I called my salesperson today and disclosed what is clearly stated on GMC website. Still awaiting feedback. I will fight this to the end. I don't care if they have to add the feature as long as it is covered under the warranty. I will not pay for what should have been standard.

I can't believe GMC made a choice like this. I understand the child safety lock and fully support it. But, I'm amazed that someone can easily jump into your vehicle as soon as you go into park; order you to go into the back seat in which you can't get out of by the way of escaping. That's Great!

Although I am highly disappointed by this; overall, thus far, I still love the car. I will keep you posted.
Well you probably already guest it, but you should have purchased the SLT if you wanted to be able to program your locks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you have the upgraded HVAC controls on SLE ... can install DIC buttons for approx $30 (do it your self) and have flash by dealer to activate SLT functions.

See older threads on upgrades of DIC

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer tried the upgrade on my 08 SLE without DIC and the computer said software not compatible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts