GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By using the trip reset button (in the instument cluster) I can cycle through the options and have the DIC display nothing, but this is not saved and when the car is turned off and started again the DIC will again display the oil health (pecentage left).

Is there a way to permanently set this display to be blank?

Thanks,

Rambo

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Are you saying that they display automatically displays the oil life everytime you start it?
I leave mine on the trip A odometer, and whenever the vehicle is turned on, it goes right back to that.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I leave mine on estimated miles till empty, or whatever it says.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Cravenfan said:
I leave mine on estimated miles till empty, or whatever it says.
let me guess, you have some bad experiences on the middle of nowhere on an empty tank of gas.... ;D

mine resets to the odo everytime you crank her up.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Honestly, this took me about 2 minutes to test in my driveway. You people need more free time. :beer:

If you scroll through using the road icon button (mileage, economy, etc) and leave it on the blank screen, next engine start it defaults to that menu's first displayed option: odometer.

If you scroll through using the car icon button (pressures, oil life, etc) and leave it on the blank screen, next engine start it defaults to that menu's first displayed option: oil life.

So, in answer to your question, I would hazard a guess: that's what ya are stuck with.

·
Registered
263 Posts
toasteroven said:
Honestly, this took me about 2 minutes to test in my driveway. You people need more free time. :beer:

If you scroll through using the road icon button (mileage, economy, etc) and leave it on the blank screen, next engine start it defaults to that menu's first displayed option: odometer.

If you scroll through using the car icon button (pressures, oil life, etc) and leave it on the blank screen, next engine start it defaults to that menu's first displayed option: oil life.

So, in answer to your question, I would hazard a guess: that's what ya are stuck with.
How long will it take you to figure out if the color of the display can be changed to pink. I figured that you are the expert and can let me know if it can be changed or not. Thanks for all the time you spend figuring out all of our issues... I'm sure everyone is appreciative. :thumb: :thumb: ;D

FYI..I did look through the manual and couldn't find it and I did do a search on screen colors and come up with nothing. My Acadia will be here this weekend so I really can't sit in my driveway and mess with it until then, however I think due to the fact I have never had a DIC before, it will take me longer then 2 minutes to play with it. ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Nope, no issues running out...just like to have it on that screen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts