GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wouldn't it be neat if the Acadia had rear swiveling captain chairs and a removable table like the new 2008 Chrysler Mini-van? I think the mini-van and the Acadia have just about the same amount of space in the middle row. Looks like this would fit.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Why not just turn your Acadia into a "Conversion Acadia" and put curtains in the windows and install a mini sink?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Why not just drive a RV? ;D Just kidding, but it reminds me of one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Don't come knockin' if this CUV is rockin' !! ;D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Why not buy the mini van? ::)

·
Registered
624 Posts
How does this meet NHTSA safety requirements? My parents used to buy full size "customized vans" with swiveling seats. I seem to recall however on the last one they bought, that you couldn't shift the transmission into drive if the front passenger or rear captains chairs were swiveled around. With all the attention on "active head restraints" these days, I would think that allowing people to sit backward while moving would be a "no-no"? :eek:hno:

·
Registered
730 Posts
ccaats said:
With all the attention on "active head restraints" these days, I would think that allowing people to sit backward while moving would be a "no-no"? :eek:hno:
Maybe they will require passengers sitting backwards to wear helmets ;D

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I thought that sitting backwards was actually better. Isn't that why they put infants in rear facing seats? Maybe I'm missing something.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Just think of all the time we would have to spend changing our babies car seats - the rear facing seats would have to be placed forward in the seats when the seatis facing backwards - then changed back to rear facing when the seat is facing forward - :banghead:
;D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Or, how easy it would be for the 3rd row passengers to CHANGE the babies DIAPERS in the 2nd row!!!! (While stopped of course.)

·
Registered
362 Posts
GAR said:
I thought that sitting backwards was actually better. Isn't that why they put infants in rear facing seats? Maybe I'm missing something.
Only to avoid air bags.

They'd probably also need barf bags. My parents had station wagons when I was a kid. One had a rear facing bench in the back. The second had sideways facing seats in the very back. Us two youngest brothers always sat back there. Fortunately none of us ever got car sick.

That table needs built-in drink holders.

·
Registered
389 Posts
There is something unappealing about the color scheme of the interior - the wood tone it icky when combined with the beige/taupes in there. Speaking of barf bags!

·
Registered
148 Posts
That removable table is something that will just get in my way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been In one of these minivans with the swivel n' go and it isn't as spacious as it looks, your legs usually have to interlock with the people opposite of you and it is a pain getting in and out, in an acadia it would be even worse.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Perhaps the VW Westfailia Buses were onto something?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Along these lines, having fold down trays behind the front row and captains chairs would be nice like on airplanes. Kids can put their SONIC, McDonalds, Wendy's....etc, laptops, play games, mold clay.....well, you get the picture.
When you expect to make a hard corner, you yell back, "CORNER." Coarse, the kids won't hear you cause have ear phones. :dancing:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts