GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some performance upgrades quick and dirty, I love how the car rides and handles but the pills a little small, maybe it's because I'm coming off a big V8?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Years ago when I got my first performance chip for my Aerostar (yes, an aerostar). I had to send in my computer module for them to analyze. Aboaut two weeks later I got the unit back with the chip in place. Got rid of the speed limiter (which was set at 90), made a tremendous difference in shifting patterns, and if I ran premium-I got more ponies (that ended about 1andhalf years ago when prices got crazy).
Anyway, my guess is that to get one soon, you would have to do something like I did.
The next question is where is the module hidden on this beast. Its got more electronics than I care to think about.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you think that? just because you need a map and a compass to find the battery? I just punch in G-O-F-A-S-T into the NAV DEST and Boom It's like a hundred shot of nitrous.
Just have to wait I guess, I have a buddy of mine hacks into his camaro computer all the time with his laptop, I think all the software is for the LS-1 though

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'd bet anything that it is a flash based PCM since GM has been using them since the late 90s, not one of the old school "chip replacemet" PCMs.

The software that your buddy uses for his LS1 definaely won't do anything for you. At best maybe hypertech would eventually offer a programer for the Acadia. I just don't see the performance aftermarket being big for this thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I wasnt hooking it up, But your right, not a big enough market.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this doesn't apply directly to the Acadia's yet, but I have a Chevy Trailblazer and got my PCM reprogrammed by Alvin at PCMforless. They do a ton of work on GM PCM's. Maybe you can get in touch with him and see if they can do something for the Acadia. I am very satisfied with what they have done for me. I have copied their info for you:
Pcmforless.com
7412 Claymont Drive
Charlotte, NC 28227

Ph. 704-307-4227 9:30-6PM EST M-F

[email protected]

[email protected]

Ordering can be done on our website www.pcmforless.com or over the phone with a debit/credit card. We also accept check/money order via regular mail.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Probably won't happen, but Maganflow mufflers is not real far from where I live. They give you a free system if you turn your car into them and they can use it for the pattern. However, I doubt that there is not enough demand yet for them to want to do the acadia. Unless a lot of you start asking them for mufflers, exhaust systems, etc. ;D

·
Registered
697 Posts
I can't imagine that GM left many ponies on the table with 275 HP from 3.6 liters. This is already a pretty finely tuned unit although admittedly running on regular, there may be a hair left in ignition timing if one moved to premium and reprogrammed. I'd be really amazed if there were more than 5 or 10 HP left to find through just programming without compromising emissions or durability.

·
Registered
166 Posts
jproell2 said:
I know this doesn't apply directly to the Acadia's yet, but I have a Chevy Trailblazer and got my PCM reprogrammed by Alvin at PCMforless. They do a ton of work on GM PCM's. Maybe you can get in touch with him and see if they can do something for the Acadia. I am very satisfied with what they have done for me. I have copied their info for you:
Bryan at PCMforless tuned my truck - heads, cam, full bolt ons - via mail and did a great job. I'll be returning to him this summer after I get the new cam, torque converter, gears, and intake installed for a retune. Going to go to see him in person this time to get ervery last hp and lb-ft out of it.

Not sure if I'll be dropping money into the Acadia like the truck though.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Has anybody noticed how the 2 an 1/2 inch pipe splits into (initially) two 1 an 1/4 pipes and then back to the origional size? Kinda wonder if this reduces hp. It looks like you could almost take one of the dual exhaust tips and reverse it, and use it for this coupling and not get the size reduction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone dropped a K&N filter in yet to see if there is any difference in seat of the pants torque gain? Some vehicles I've had in the past had a noticeable improvement in performance while others had none with a K&N.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Filter alone is not going to be a big difference, but open up the air box and get some more breathability out of the exhaust as well and that could be good for another 10-15HP.

·
Registered
36 Posts
about the only way this motor is going to hum is...SUPERCHARGER! :thumb:

More Horsepower...More Horsepower... More Horsepower!!! :deadhorse: Wait...this horse is dead!

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
gyr8ion said:
More Horsepower...More Horsepower... More Horsepower!!! :deadhorse: Wait...this horse is dead!
Great. Now you have 1 less horsepower than you had before. A K&N filter ought to buy you back that 1HP though ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts