GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be fun to have a MPG game if anyone happened to run into those special driving conditions that would allow a high mpg reading like I had yesterday. (125 miles, 2 hours 45 min, at 35-55 mph, 29.2 dic mpg)

I think we could have a Real World MPG contest here just for fun.
Rules? Your input.
We all know the slower speed the better MPG.
How about time or distance?
100 miles or more, 2 hours+. Whatever you'all want?
DIC readings on time or distance and DIC MPG minus -1 MPG, (my DIC has been correct twice, both when the low fuel light came on and then a fillup) or pen & paper MPG after a refill, (consistant refill, no short fill-ups) IE let the pump shut off, then ease it full until it stops the 2nd time.

Sounds like fun? Input?

Drafting or coasting down a 100 mile hill will be concidered ;D

·
Registered
60 Posts
The real fun is I'm counting the gas mileage and seeing how well I do driving it around every day, but if someone offers me a more powerful engine or 8cyl engine and with lower MPG, I'd take more power without thinking twice.

·
Registered
111 Posts
What do I win for the worst gas mileage in the city? ;D

·
Registered
542 Posts
Would be a hard one to prove. Not sure how the rules would go. Seems there are still alot on here who thought they were buying a Prius and are upset about not get 30 MPG with a 5000 LB SUV. Might be a source of some harsh comments as you have already discovered

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think a lot of people who are upset about their mileage are driving fairly short distances, in stop-and-go traffic, resetting their DIC every time. It takes more than a few miles to get up to anything decent from 0.0 mpg. That, or they just have a lead foot.

On the other extreme, the reports of high twenties has to be the result of resetting the DIC after achieving highway speeds.

I'm consistently getting mileage at EPA ratings on the highway, or even above, but not by much, on longer trips. A recent trip to the coast, 420 miles round trip, netted 25.7 mpg. with cruise set at seventy. In my experience, there's something of a "sweet spot" between 65 and 70; much above that and economy begins to drop off. Driving 75 mph, for instance, and I get around 23 mpg. And, even this is with at least twenty miles on the interstate. Travel shorter distances and the numbers drop off because acceleration to speed nets the numbers down, without sufficient time for the better highway economy in sixth gear to average the number upward.

If anybody is actually getting 13-14 mpg at legal interstate speeds over longer distances, I'd be surprised, and I'd also take it back for service, because something is wrong.

·
Registered
533 Posts
MKT,

Are you driving a FWD? Maybe that's a dumb question, but I had to ask. Thx, J.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's FWD, an SLT-1, liquid silver, ebony interior, 19's, sunroofs, convenience package, Bose. Had to order it, everybody in my part of NC seemed to have either base or utterly loaded SLT-2's in stock, nothing else. There were a few options I wanted that were not available on the base model, but I was in no mood to spend anywhere near $40K, so this minimally optioned SLT-1 works for me. In hindsight, I'd have opted for the seat control upgrade, but am pretty well pleased in general, thus far.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh, and I opted for the bench, which knocked a few hundred off the price, I forget how much. I wanted a flat load floor, I use this for my business and I also haul my labrador retrievers around in it. Didn't want them falling in a hole, lol. Plus, when I actually need that many seats, I need eight, not seven, for extended family.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts