GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else notice that your right foot on the driver's side gets VERY hot when the heat is on? It's so hot, I'm forced to turn the heat down. It seems that even when I have it on defroster only, heat still comes out that little vent. I'm ready to put something over it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
So, any update on this issue? Webraven, is it still a problem or have you got used to it?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Now her foot is cold, only using the AC now with temps in the 90's ;D

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Didn't get mine until Mid March and have not used the heat as yet. I will have to see what happens in a few months when the weather turns colder.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Do you get "cold foot"? ;D

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do! It's not a laughing matter. Okay it is. LOL But still, that silly vent right by my right foot is making me nuts. I'm going to have to cover it with something.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Has anyone else had this experience? When I'm driving with NO A/C or Heat and the windows down I feel heat coming in from that darn vent and it's really annoying. I'm wearing sandals or flip flops and it's almost unbearable it gets so hot. I'll have to take it to the dealership to see what they can do.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have an interesting update. I called the dealer asking if they've had similar complaints. They said no, but suggested turning ON the recycle button to see if that helps. I'll give it a try this afternoon and report back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
my right foot literally turns into an ice cube with the AC on. I wish it would send some of that cold air to the rear of the car where it actually needs it!!

Haven't noticed the hot air yet, will keep an eye out for it now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think that this is a problem with most vehicles. I have a 2000 Blazer now and it always blows warm/hot air out of the bottom vents even with the temperature selector over to cold. The only way to stop it is to turn on the air. I think that it pulls in the outside air and since it is passing over the hot engine it inevitabely gets hotter. I don't know why they don't put the lower vent handles in vehicles like they used to. I had an old Ford Ranger with no air that had these and they were great, you could have them open in the summer and it would pull the air from the front of the underside so the air would be cooler and you could close them up in the winter when the heat was on. Forcing everyones feet to be hot or cold doesn't make sense. Sometimes they don't make improvements over the old tech that actuall worked well.

Jeff

·
Registered
70 Posts
maybe it's an american car thing, never had it on my landrover, MB or audi? Why should hot air be blowing into the cabin when the air is off?

·
Registered
115 Posts
We have a '99 Tahoe and when the heat is on the passenger side gets extremely hot in the foot area. Maybe it is an american car thing, but whatever it is - it's a poor design.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've never had another car that heats up or freezes my driver's foot like the Acadia. I'm thinking that I'll just have to put something over that vent to keep any air at all from coming out. I haven't thought to bother my dealer about it as I don't imagine there's much they'd be able to do. It's just an Acadia quirk that I'll have to live with. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
It just figures that we'd have a cool down just when I wanted to try out the recycle button. Our temps have been in the mid to upper 90's for a while, and this weekend they'll be in the low 80's. I'll still play around with it and report back to let you know if the recycle button helps.

I did notice that if you don't have A/C or Heat on and you press the Recycle button it only stays on for a matter of seconds, then it automatically goes off. The times I've had the most trouble are when I'm riding in 95 degree heat with windows down and no AC.

·
Registered
262 Posts
95 degrees with the windows down, huh?

Down here in Houston we need the A/C on even when it is 75 degrees just to condition the air. Who invented Humidity anyway...? :-\

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have not had a cold foot but have not driven in winter time yet. Sounds like a duct maybe loose or not installed. I have not sat in the back to see how cool it is while driving.

·
Registered
115 Posts
JonTon said:
95 degrees with the windows down, huh?

Down here in Houston we need the A/C on even when it is 75 degrees just to condition the air. Who invented Humidity anyway...? :-\
I can only take it for a short trip, and you have to keep in mind that the truck is in the garage, so it's fairly cool when I leave the house. You get lots of good air flow with all the windows open and the sunroof too!

Still haven't had a good chance to test it out....when I do I'll report back. I noticed the AC blowing really cool on my foot, so I changed it to upper vents.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Re: Hot Foot? (UPDATE - Found a solution!)

Okay, I have found a solution to the hot foot/ cold foot problem. In my Grand Prix I could turn the Air vent to MAX and it would close the vents completely, but the Acadia doesn't have that feature because the buttons (on the SLT model) are push buttons. Okay, I'll get to the point...

While driving w/ the windows down I feel the air on my feet. I pushed the driver's side temp (-) button without realizing that the AC wasn't even on at that time. When I did that I looked at the display and saw the temp going from like 82 degrees down to 65 (where I stopped). I also noticed it shows the little person figure with the arrow pointing to the feet. My feet started cooling down, so I played with that for a little while and I could really notice a difference. I turned the temp up to 85 and my feet were hot, down to below 75 and could feel cool air. I guess when the AC is off the vent is still on, but you still have some control over the temperature of the air that blows, and you can direct that airflow to other vents. I'm so glad I found this fix!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Cool. Welcome back to the forum Boxermom!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts