GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys I'm just beginning to branch out from maintenance to reasonable repairs. I was under my 2008 acadia sle by the front right wheel for oil change and before draining pan I noticed 2 hoses look like theyre leaking. Could somebody tell me what these are so I can look into it? If it's something I can do I'd like to learn but if not I'd still like to know.

·
Super Moderator
19,791 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Looks like either a transmission line, or power steering line to its respective cooler. Could just be the clamp isn't snug enough. If it's the hose itself leaking, that will have to be replaced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The used dealership I got it from replaced trans under warranty bc they couldnt figure out a shudder @ certain speeds issue (for $100 i got new purge valve, cv, trans swap, 2 coils, and something else- ac motor? Bc they couldnt figure it out without a code. It was the coils). Wouldnt surprise me if these are trans lines. I'll look it up. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
early on with my traverse. I took a look and saw a little wetness from these. There are 2.
I simply tightened the screw a little.. and probably 120,000 miles later.. all is well.

·
Registered
252 Posts
It also looks like the hose was cut ,and not very straight, the hose doesn't meet the flange on the tube. The hose may be just a wee bit short, but you should try to push it up to the flange if you can before re positioning and tightening the clamp if there is enough slack in the hose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts