GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else think it's stupid that you cannot get NAV/DVD, Auto climate control, or an Autolift gate without getting leather. I am not a fan of leather and it really hurts resale value when the leather is all wrinkled and faded . It wears faster and if you have a pet you can bet it wont look as good as the fabric counterpart after a year. It gets hot in the summer when you leave the car in the mall parking lot and you have to let it cool down more than fabric. Also it requires more maintnance than fabric as if you don't use conditioner every month it starts to really look ugh. It looks great and smells nice new, but it should be more of a sports car or high end luxury car. Not a family vehicle. :banghead: Much less the Arcadia has great feeling fabric seats so why dis it by denying us high end options if we want fabric?? I just think GMC really dropped the ball on the Arcadia on this point.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
That's how most manufacturers are, not just GMC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know and it's sad :(. I told my dad he should have just ordered the leather and swapped them out with somebody but he decided to just save some $$.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Afraid leather is probably far and away the choice for most. Cloth these days seems almost as outdated as the vinyl seats in the old 72 caprice. I too was a cloth fan for mostly cleaning reasons. Never gets hot enough here to complain about hot seats. I actually have come to think leather is easier to keep clean. So far, I have never had a leather car seat fade or crack (Had last car for 11 years). I have a 3 year old now and so far no problems with clean up. Had a dog in my last car with leather and never even got a scratch from nails. Dirty paws were just a paper towel to clean up and since leather doesnt soak in liquid, no lingering doggy odor. Spill a soda and wipe it up, no stains.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
It does seem kind of ridiculous that you can't choose the cloth seats on an SLT model. Obviously not everyone is a fan of the leather seats.

(am I the only one who noticed the original poster called it an "Arcadia"? LOL) :p

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
We are lucky as not into all types of options that choice is only leather. Guess we are more frugel than most buyers. Put the xtra money saved into 401K.

·
Registered
956 Posts
It would be nice to have a cloth upgrade. I have had many cars with leather and some with cloth. I have found cloth holds up much better. The cloth that is used in today's vehicles is very durable and cleans up well. Leather even if it is cared for will crack after a few years.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I agree it's dumb!! I wish I could have gotten a totally loaded SLT with cloth seats.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keith said:
Afraid leather is probably far and away the choice for most. Cloth these days seems almost as outdated as the vinyl seats in the old 72 caprice. I too was a cloth fan for mostly cleaning reasons. Never gets hot enough here to complain about hot seats. I actually have come to think leather is easier to keep clean. So far, I have never had a leather car seat fade or crack (Had last car for 11 years). I have a 3 year old now and so far no problems with clean up. Had a dog in my last car with leather and never even got a scratch from nails. Dirty paws were just a paper towel to clean up and since leather doesnt soak in liquid, no lingering doggy odor. Spill a soda and wipe it up, no stains.
What kinda car was it? The last car we had was a 02 Buick Park Ave w/ leather and the seat started to flake and rub the coloring off. It looked horrible and then the dog got a little rambunctious and tore a piece out. It was like painted paper!!! Will prob never own another leather car from GM again. I just pray that the armrest in my "ACADIA" holds up :eek:hno:(I've learned how to spell it now that I've owned it two days)

·
Registered
18 Posts
My wife and I really like the Acadia. But we are waiting to see if for 09 we can get the following. Cloth tan seats with a sunroof. If I remenber correctly for the 08, you can't get cloth seats with the sunroof, and there is no tan colored interior. I know we can get a Saturn Outlook but I kind of like the looks of the Acadia. I now have an 02 Yukon. So we are waiting and hoping. Tan interiors go with so many colors and I need a sunroof but don't want leather because when we travel we have our two cocker spaniels with us and are afraid that leather might get damaged. We have cloth seats in our Yukon and so far no cuts or tears from cocker claws. So come on GM! :blob:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Web Raven - LOL I missed the "Arcadia." I was in the GM parts department one day and the girl there was making phone calls trying to find out some info for me. She kept calling it "Arcadia" too. ??? Acadia...Arcadia...whatever you call it, it's nice ride. :thumb:

·
Registered
542 Posts
PaulP15 said:
Keith said:
What kinda car was it? The last car we had was a 02 Buick Park Ave w/ leather and the seat started to flake and rub the coloring off. It looked horrible and then the dog got a little rambunctious and tore a piece out. It was like painted paper!!! Will prob never own another leather car from GM again. I just pray that the armrest in my "ACADIA" holds up :eek:hno:(I've learned how to spell it now that I've owned it two days)
I had a pontiac Grand Am for 6 years with leather. No cracks or fading. I then got a Grand Prix. Had that for 11 years with no fading or cracking. Had a dog in both cars and never had a problem.

·
Registered
284 Posts
You can get get "everything" as you please on a Saturn Outlook or Buick Enclave, which is actually the main reason after my Acadia interest, I kept my mother to looking at the Outlook and then Enclave--she was a cloth fan but also always wants as many options as possible. Though nice enough, especially after finally at least adding the leather wheel & controls as an option to the SLE, it still just seemed stripped of too many little things. No DIC, no power liftgate option, etc. Of course, that also really keeps the price down...but there's a reason.

It's just how GMC planners thought to outfit the trim lines. Likely because a lot--not all--but a lot of people who buy models with cloth tend to also want less options and a lower pricetag, so they thought it better to leave more out.

But for those that care, it really stinks and--like us--was enough to really push over to the Outlook and Enclave, as far as interest. Then again, after the cloth + a lot of options, mother dearest then suddenly decided she now wanted leather when buying a new Malibu (another story), so woop.

If it were me, the SLE would at LEAST have the DIC and leather wheel with controls standard. From there, maybe a package with the power liftgate and signal mirrors, the sunroofs, and then the Nav. All just to allow another segment of buyers really get what they want--and can get--on the Saturn and Buick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts