GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the horns stopped working on my wife's 2007 Acadia. She was in a Parade last weekend, honking the horn, and one of the horns stopped working. Since the car has 48,000 miles on it, the bumper-to-bumper warranty is no longer available. It looks like the horns are $63.41 each. I shouldn't have to buy a new horn already. I have 245,000 miles on my Suburban, and the horns still work.

Now I need to find the horns on the Acadia. When I have time to look at it, it is raining. When I have other obligations, it is beautiful out. Does anyone have a diagram of where the horns are located, or a description of how to remove them. I would like to pull them off and test them separately. If they are the same as other GM vehicles, I could get a replacement from the junk yard.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
You may have blown the horn fuse

Check page 494 of the manual for fuses

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the fuse blew, wouldn't both horns have stopped working? Are the horns on the Acadia on separate circuits (fuses)? I'll have to check the fuses next.

Bill

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
wfyehl said:
If the fuse blew, wouldn't both horns have stopped working? Are the horns on the Acadia on separate circuits (fuses)? I'll have to check the fuses next.

Bill
I thought there was one horn; sorry not too knowledgeable here; let me know what you find

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jsimms said:
I thought there was one horn; sorry not too knowledgeable here; let me know what you find
From what I know, there are two horns:
Hi-tone horn - 89046919
Lo-tone horn - 89046918

I need to find out where they are located. One of them is somewhere close to the Driver's side headlight, but I haven't been under the car, or taken off the grill to see exactly where it is.

I'll let you know where they are located, when I find them.

Bill

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Searched for "horn", first result:
Where are the horns?
I did a search in all of the Lambda's forums, but nothing came up. I searched for Horn and Horns. Thanks for the link!

Bill

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
wfyehl said:
I did a search in all of the Lambda's forums, but nothing came up. I searched for Horn and Horns. Thanks for the link!

Bill
We recently tweaked our search function to make it easier for members to find stuff, so this concerned me. There are three places to perform a search:
1) Upper right
SEARCH on menu bar (upper left between HELP and PROFILE), which takes you to
2) "Lambda Super Search" (all 4 forums) or
3) Another Acadia Forum search box under that one.

I replicated "horn" again just now, and got my link results with #1 and #3, but on #2 it never appeared.

I'll post this on the forum feedback section so admin can look at it. Thanks for letting us know, and glad the link helped.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally fixed! The High tone horn was not working. I turned the tires to the left, then took out the 5 screws holding the inner liner against the fender. I used a flashlight to hold the liner away from the fender so I could take out the non-working horn.

I went to the bone-yard to look for another horn. The only GM vehicle in the yard that had the same type of electrical connector was a 2002 or 2003 cavalier (or is it a cobalt?). But the two in the yard only had one horn and it was a low tone. It was interesting to see that 2000 and newer Ford Taurus's had the same connector as the Acadia. Also the Chrysler Sebring and the Mitsubishi Galant had the same connector. Unfortunately, I had to get a High tone horn off of the Sebring.

The recycled horn only cost me $5. The stealership wanted $63.14 for one horn!

Thanks for the help.

Bill

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Glad to hear that you resolved your issue; you saved yourself $58 and the install fee from the dealership

1 - 10 of 10 Posts