GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I thought this was strange.

This evening I went to another dealer to look at their 6 Acadias. I popped the hood on a SLT-2 and was surprised to see that there was a pneumatic lifter that keeps the hood up. 5-6 weeks ago, the first one that I saw and drove, SLT-2 also, had a hood that needed to be propped with a manual static bar.

Guess they changed mechanism. In January, I thought it was sort of "cheap" that a $45K MSRP car required you to manually prop the hood.

So...what does your SLT-2 have? Wonder if a pattern will emerge over delivery dates before and after the change.

PS - None of them were exactly what I wanted. Summit White with everything and brick interior was blinking at me in the showroom. A Red Jewel with ebony interior (loaded) may be mine if delivered on Monday, but I still may wait for Carbon Metallic/ebony.

·
Registered
29 Posts
readyforacadia said:
OK, I thought this was strange.

This evening I went to another dealer to look at their 6 Acadias. I popped the hood on a SLT-2 and was surprised to see that there was a pneumatic lifter that keeps the hood up. 5-6 weeks ago, the first one that I saw and drove, SLT-2 also, had a hood that needed to be propped with a manual static bar.

Guess they changed mechanism. In January, I thought it was sort of "cheap" that a $45K MSRP car required you to manually prop the hood.

So...what does your SLT-2 have? Wonder if a pattern will emerge over delivery dates before and after the change.

PS - None of them were exactly what I wanted. Summit White with everything and brick interior was blinking at me in the showroom. A Red Jewel with ebony interior (loaded) may be mine if delivered on Monday, but I still may wait for Carbon Metallic/ebony.
I saw the first acadia where I placed the order in the first of January, its SLE and it has pneumatic

·
Registered
156 Posts
My Outlook has a pneumatic lifter that keeps the hood up. BTW, I ordered this on 12/12/06 so it's one of the earlier productions.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Are you sure you were looking at an Acadia? ;) I have never seen one with a manual support. I'm not saying it's impossible but with the different attachment points I can't imagine they made that change mid-production.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
100% sure.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
I've test driven two Acadias and look at a third at the auto show. All had pneumatic tubes. Still waiting for my own Acadia.

Kelly

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I swear I didn't make it up. Since it was mid-January, maybe it was an oddity. All I can say is that I'm glad to see and hear that it does have a pneumatic tube to lift and heep up the hood.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Jus gotmine, pneumatic it is.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey Joe, your camera broke?

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
lol..they ar eall comedians.

I have some really bad night ones.

Helped clean a flood in the parents basement today and left my camera at home. Wife rushed me out of the house.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Here are some bad night pics

Joe

·
Registered
248 Posts
now that's more like it! even "bad" night pictures look good. lucky you!

·
Registered
364 Posts
NY Joe,

Looks like you've installed a reminder that you have a real security system (cross hanging from your mirror)!

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
002 said:
NY Joe,

Looks like you've installed a reminder that you have a real security system (cross hanging from your mirror)!

Been in every car I have owned for the last 17 years.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Jacko said:
The red paint job even looks great in the dark!
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
I know,but the paint doesn't talk.

lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts