GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search and couldnt find anything about a hood pin but in one thread. is there a pin you can see or not. is it required to have remote start. i would think yes, but is there a pin for factory remote start?
so, if there is a hood pin, where is it. thanks, yo!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I just looked at my 08 with Factory SLT2 Remote start and could not locate any obvious Hood kill switches like some of my previous aftermarket remote start equipped vehicles.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Okay I just went back outside and did an experiment. You in fact can not use the remote start while the hood is open. If go through the sequence you can hear relays clicking under the hood and lights flashing, but it won't start. So I tried to close the hood partially, resting the hood latch pin in the hood lock, but not fully secured no starting.... Tried it again with slight pressure down on the hood latch lock, and it starts, but shuts off as soon as I let go... SO I guess the hood sensor is built into the hood latch lock........
I wonder if the hood sensor is in all hood latch locks then?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yah, i dont freakin know. it says my hood is open in the DIC but i can not find the pin anywhere. i would concur with the idea it is somewhere with the latch. maybe it is on the the hinge? i got the hood down and no more warning, the pin must have been frozen. :eek:hno:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts