GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my vehicle (yesterday), I questioned the bright chrome on the hood molding. I was told that this was how they come. I believe I was lied to....as the grille is black chrome everywhere else.... Does anybody know where I can purchase just he hood molding for a 2020 AT4 Acadia? I've been trying to find a place all day and come up with nothing. I can only locate chrome...Any help is truly appreciated!!! Thank you.

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
668 Posts
I haven’t seen it in anything but chrome....

A33B6C10-FF1D-48E5-A890-CAF02A2CC40A.jpeg

·
Registered
2020 GMC Acadia SLT FWD V6
601 Posts
Your local window tint shop can put black vinyl on it for you.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
When I purchased my vehicle (yesterday), I questioned the bright chrome on the hood molding. I was told that this was how they come. I believe I was lied to....as the grille is black chrome everywhere else.... Does anybody know where I can purchase just he hood molding for a 2020 AT4 Acadia? I've been trying to find a place all day and come up with nothing. I can only locate chrome...Any help is truly appreciated!!! Thank you.
A picture might help to show the front chrome and the other "black chrome".

Here is a white one and I do think i see that the front grille is the "black chrome" . . also previously called "Nightrider".

At any rate . . the piece on the edge of the hood should match the same as the rest of the grille. It wouldn't be the first time that a hood or other body part got the wrong trim piece in assembly.
2020 Acadia AT4.jpg

·
Registered
668 Posts
Is it me or does that look grey more that black? I looked at few others and the only one that looks any darker than this one is the blue AT4. I would still swear this is chrome. Maybe the OP and I were expecting the same thing, Black trim that was actually black!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Is it me or does that look grey more that black? I looked at few others and the only one that looks any darker than this one is the blue AT4. I would still swear this is chrome. Maybe the OP and I were expecting the same thing, Black trim that was actually black!
Yeah .. it isn't really an opaque black. It is more of a metallic dark tint. In previous model years they also called this "Nightrider". If you look at some AT4 rear hatch pictures you can maybe see more what it looks like.
It is the color I installed on my 2019 on the rear hatch.

To make it more confusing. . pre 2020 they did sell opaque black grilles and rear hatch pieces.

Here is my 2019 with the "black Chrome" or Nightrider rear hatch applique (trim piece between the tail lights.)

- -and a 2019 with true Black Trim - -
Black Chrome D.jpg 2019 GMC Acadia w_Black Rear Hatch and Bumper Treatment.jpeg

Reactions: Jmbjr0930

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yeah .. it isn't really an opaque black. It is more of a metallic dark tint. In previous model years they also called this "Nightrider". If you look at some AT4 rear hatch pictures you can maybe see more what it looks like.
It is the color I installed on my 2019 on the rear hatch.

To make it more confusing. . pre 2020 they did sell opaque black grilles and rear hatch pieces.

Here is my 2019 with the "black Chrome" or Nightrider rear hatch applique (trim piece between the tail lights.)
View attachment 10148
Ok, so I am not crazy!! I could see the rear hatch appliqué in other pictures and it looked like it had more of a black tint, I am wondering if the OP is thinking it was supposed to be black and not the black chrome. Wonder if he could post a picture of what he purchased.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven’t seen it in anything but chrome....

View attachment 10146
Your picture shows entire grille (including hood molding) in black chrome. My vehicle has entire grille in black chrome except the very top (hood molding) is in bright chrome. It is not all the
A picture might help to show the front chrome and the other "black chrome".

Here is a white one and I do think i see that the front grille is the "black chrome" . . also previously called "Nightrider".

At any rate . . the piece on the edge of the hood should match the same as the rest of the grille. It wouldn't be the first time that a hood or other body part got the wrong trim piece in assembly.
View attachment 10147
thanks for the reply, any idea where I can buy black chrome body pieces (specifically hood molding), I've searched everywhere with bo luck.....

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Your picture shows entire grille (including hood molding) in black chrome. My vehicle has entire grille in black chrome except the very top (hood molding) is in bright chrome. It is not all the

thanks for the reply, any idea where I can buy black chrome body pieces (specifically hood molding), I've searched everywhere with bo luck.....
Being new, either your dealer or another GM dealer should be able to replace it with the proper piece. Maybe find some pictures on the net or look at other dealer lots and take some pictures of another 2020 AT4 showing how it should be.

It takes awhile for current model year parts to show up on parts sites and in inventory.
You could try some dealer parts counters and see if they could find a part number and price first, and then maybe check online parts places as well.

·
Registered
668 Posts
If your vehicle has two different pieces of chrome return it to the dealer and have them correct it. You shouldn’t have to spend your money to fix something that GMC messed up.

·
Registered
668 Posts
It takes awhile for current model year parts to show up on parts sites and in inventory.
You could try some dealer parts counters and see if they could find a part number and price first, and then maybe check online parts places as well.
I am a bit confused, I replied to the OP to return to the dealer. Shouldn’t the trim pieces corrected by the dealer if it was done incorrectly? I know its a little late but didn’t want to give the wrong advice.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I am a bit confused, I replied to the OP to return to the dealer. Shouldn’t the trim pieces corrected by the dealer if it was done incorrectly? I know its a little late but didn’t want to give the wrong advice.
II think so. But for some reason OP is reluctant to do so. Their dealer already told her in Post #1 that - -
" I was told that this was how they come. "

I told her to go to another dealr and/or take pictures of another AT4 to show them how it should be.

·
Registered
668 Posts
True but if the dealer told me that it came with square wheels, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and got home and saw that the Truck did indeed come with round wheels I may arm myself with some literature or picture to show the dealer they need to correct it. Actually I would demand that they change it to the proper wheels or I would escalate things up the ladder. Just my 2 cents for what its worth!! ;)

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Interestingly I've looked at pictures of various AT4's across the internet. Some seem to have the black chrome strip on the hood and some have the bright chrome.

Not something that would bother me but if it did, I would be checking with my dealer's parts desk for the part number of the black strip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts