GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke my hood deflector this weekend trying to clean under it. It snapped off at the screws under the hood. I learned my lesson but promptly ordered a new one from Getsaturnparts.com. They cancelled my order and said there was a recall. Does anyone have some information on this? It is the same hood deflector and part # as the Acadia. Maybe I can get a new one if there was a recall. :angryfire:

·
Registered
246 Posts
hmm, maybe that's why the hood deflector I ordered hasn't come in yet. ???

I guess I'll have to call my dealer and see what's going on.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Probably made in China, to much lead ;D

I cannot imagine this being a GM recall, maybe the manufacturer of the product is recalling it for a defect.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Doesn't hood deflector detract from beautiful looking vehicle?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really liked how mine looked. I thought it integrated well + stops those pesky hood nicks from pebbles:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Waited 2 months for ours before we got our money back. Must relly be a problem with the OEM"s. With lovebugs in Florida all over the windshield, I hope someone makes a deflector before next May.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The previous several SUV's I've had all had hood deflectors and did help keep the bugs down on my windshield. When I purchased the Acadia I looked at the shape and slope of the front and felt it probably was sufficient in design to deflect debris and bugs. I believe that there is no more bugs on my my windshield now than my previous cars. I do think they may cut down on gas mileage and several that I had caused the side rear view mirrors to shake at highway speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts