GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know If i purchase the overhead part with homelink, if the wiring is there to power the homelink controls?

·
Registered
30 Posts
bhornberger said:
Does anyone know If i purchase the overhead part with homelink, if the wiring is there to power the homelink controls?
If you have the controls you have the entire package.
Suggestion, I attempted to activate it during the bright sunlight. Was not able to properly see the indicator light. Waited until dusk and it worked fine.
Even with a new Garage Door opener I did have to use the learn button on the opener but had no problem meeting the time constraints. Just follow the instructions in your Vehicles owner's manual. Good luck!
BD

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Big Daddy nailed it. I added a pair of Homelink visors from a 2003 Cadilac CTS into my '91 Dodge. You will need a power source and ground. I can't advise if this harness is there on vehicles that are not factory equipped with the Homelink. Once you get ready to install it, you should be able to see if there is a matching plug in the overhead for this. If not, I'm sure there is a wire you can tap into up there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I added a OEM homelink to my wife's 2008 Honda Accord and just a added a small 12v battery to the unit. It was a lot easier than trying to run electrical wiring. It has been working on the same battery for eight months. I'll just change the battery when it goes dead. Just a thought..............

·
Registered
34 Posts
bump, anyone add this???

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
We have a member here tmundal that has access to parts info and diagrams. You should look him up in the "Member" link above and send a private message.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Module part number: 10311606
Button Pad part number: 25828895 thru 25828897 (depending on color)
OHC fully assmebled part number: 15927620

sadida011 said:
any luck on the part number? ???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bringing this up from the dead. Did anyone successfully install a Homelink Overhead Console into a non-Homelink Equiped Acadia? I bought a used overhead console with Homelink from Ebay and installed it, but Homelink does not function. Everything else seems to work fine (the sunroof buttons even light-up when I don't have a sunroof).

From most of what I have read here, I thought it would just be plug and play. There's always a chance that the Homelink is messed up on the unit I got, but I wanted to at least check to see if others have had success.

·
Registered
117 Posts
There is no reason HomeLink will not work unless:

1. Unit itself is defective
2. Unit is not connected to "hot" power supply
3. Unit has not been cleared of any previous settings
4. Unit is not programmed as per HomeLink instructions (HomeLink.com)

I've installed a couple of these things in non-HomeLink cars and never have had a problem.

Good luck,

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Ditto what BiggieBoy said... I put one (on a Cadillac visor) in my '91 Daytona and it only needed battery (constant) power plus programming to work. Is there a light that comes on when you press the button? This would show that you have power. Your owner's manual may have some tips in addition to what Biggie posted about homelink.com.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is no light when any of the buttons are pressed on the homelink device itself. All other buttons on the system light up and function correctly, including the map lights, the courtesy light (little console light), and sunroof buttons (even though I have no sunroof). I attempted to follow all instructions in the user manual for the unit.

But as there is no light when any button is pressed (in the triangle light), I could not follow all instructions.

I thought the standard connection in the roof for the overhead console would provide the power needed as the connectors are the exact same into the console harness. I'll see if I can get a tester to verify power to the unit. Based on what I read earlier, power should be supplied even when the vehicle did not have a homelink system in it prior....which leads me to believe the unit must be defective. I just hoped that someone who has actually done the swap can confirm.

I've also done the swaps previously on an M3 without issue. I hoped it would be just as easy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts