GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I managed to get one of the limited edition AWD LTZ’s with the 6.2 litre LS3.
Haven’t seen any others and was wondering if anyone else had one.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Say what. . . . an LS3 ? ? ! Underhood picture please. . . . many :D

Is it really an Acadia or a Yukon ?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
It’s a 2019 Acadia not a Yukon. Can’t send photos now as I’m currently in WA and the car is in Vic.
You all got some great vehicles down under over the years.
Cars especially that we never got to experience here.
Like the Maloo and earlier versions of it as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You all got some great vehicles down under over the years.
Cars especially that we never got to experience here.
Like the Maloo and earlier versions of it as well.
I had a Maloo but passed it to my son who has it now. I needed something bigger to tow a horse float with 2 Clydesdales in it and the Acadia is perfect. The LS3 doesn’t even notice the load.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I had a Maloo but passed it to my son who has it now. I needed something bigger to tow a horse float with 2 Clydesdales in it and the Acadia is perfect. The LS3 doesn’t even notice the load.
Reads like a lot of weight for an Acadia. Two average Clydesdales weight 2,000 pounds. When you add in trailer and gear the total must be near 6,000.

George

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reads like a lot of weight for an Acadia. Two average Clydesdales weight 2,000 pounds. When you add in trailer and gear the total must be near 6,000.

George
Don’t know pounds but it’s just over 2.5tons. No issue with pulling power just had the rear suspension altered with a Pedders kit and the factory tow bar replaced with a decent Hayman Reece unit.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
From what I have read, the max tow weight for a properly fitted 2019 Acadia is 4,000lbs. That is two tons for you. I do not have a 2019 manual to read, so maybe what I have read is wrong.

george

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
From what I have read, the max tow weight for a properly fitted 2019 Acadia is 4,000lbs. That is two tons for you. I do not have a 2019 manual to read, so maybe what I have read is wrong.

george
With the 6.2L V8 engine and his suspension and hitch upgrades, I think he's got it more than covered for what he is towing.
This is not like the Acadia we have here and also one of only 200 test marketed only in Australia.

Of course, we'd sure like to see pictures . . . . especially the engine bay. ;)

Reactions: divotdug

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Guys, I managed to get one of the limited edition AWD LTZ’s with the 6.2 litre LS3.
I am also in Australia and have never heard of an AWD Acadia with a 6.2 LS3 fitted from GMH
and I cannot see it fitting in the engine bay and retaining the east / west drive system
Prove me wrong by sending photos
I also have a 2019 3.6 AWD LTZ. And have removed the Holden grill and all badging and fitted all the GMC badging plus the AT4 lift and level kit from Rough Country brought it through Fat Bobs in Utah as they ship to Australia
I tow a Jayco 21 ft caravan weighs 2400 kg which is over the standard spec of the Acadia in Australia (2000kg). But with a weight distribution kit fitted to the hitch and van and anti sway damper fitted have never had an issue
Also fitted Khumo AT51 255/60 r18 tyres with a higher weight rating than the standard Continental 235/65 r18 HT tyres and fit on the std rims with no issues and has not changed the rolling diameter

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am also in Australia and have never heard of an AWD Acadia with a 6.2 LS3 fitted from GMH
and I cannot see it fitting in the engine bay and retaining the east / west drive system
Prove me wrong by sending photos
I also have a 2019 3.6 AWD LTZ. And have removed the Holden grill and all badging and fitted all the GMC badging plus the AT4 lift and level kit from Rough Country brought it through Fat Bobs in Utah as they ship to Australia
I tow a Jayco 21 ft caravan weighs 2400 kg which is over the standard spec of the Acadia in Australia (2000kg). But with a weight distribution kit fitted to the hitch and van and anti sway damper fitted have never had an issue
Also fitted Khumo AT51 255/60 r18 tyres with a higher weight rating than the standard Continental 235/65 r18 HT tyres and fit on the std rims with no issues and has not changed the rolling diameter
There’s plenty of room under the bonnet for the LS3. It’s surprising what can be done once you put your mind to it. I have VK Calais with a 308 and air conditioning under the bonnet. It’s jammed in there nice and tight. My wife has a Wolfsburg edition Golf with a AWD 2 litre twin turbo jammed in there. No room left for anything but they got it in.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
There’s plenty of room under the bonnet for the LS3. It’s surprising what can be done once you put your mind to it. I have VK Calais with a 308 and air conditioning under the bonnet. It’s jammed in there nice and tight. My wife has a Wolfsburg edition Golf with a AWD 2 litre twin turbo jammed in there. No room left for anything but they got it in.
Mate. . . he's got a point. . . . . Pictures? :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This thing must be rare as hen's teeth. I've searched the web for pics of a V8 Holden Acadia. None to be found.
They only made couple of hundred specifically for the Australian market and then killed off Holden.

·
Registered
2019 Holden Acadia LTZ AWD
2 Posts
Rudi,
I have an LTZ as well, best car I have driven. So many Auto functions - windscreen wipers, high beam, remote start etc, etc.
I am in Perth, WA

Only problem I have is Car Play, sometimes starts when you plug in your phone straight away, otherwise sometime on your way 2-10 minutes. And the Nav with the car does find a route to the POI or address you enter and select (it finds it if it is an address, it knew about in 2019) - weird. It also keeps saying the SD card has been removed and then it starts without doing anything. Seen lots of comments of what the cause is , like it must be an authentic Apple cable - well mine works without it being authentic, just you need to wait for it to work. I believe the problem is (as it is a NAV/SD card and apple Car play issue) the module the SD card and duplicate USB sockets are part of. The car we have was an ex-police vehicle so believe that one of the USB sockets was modified (not able to plug a USB cable into it) and may be causing my problem. Have yet to remove the module and replace it or at least have a closer look at it.

Anyway, you won’t be disappointed with the Acadia, enjoy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
100%agree I also have done a lot of conversions over the years like 327 small block in LJ Torana and a 350 into VB commodore
So putting a 6.2 into an Acadia and making it rear drive totally achievable.
However I would like to see it transverse mounted and retaining the AWD system plus be ADR complient for rego
So like everyone else please send photos when you can

1 - 20 of 20 Posts