GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some sort of cargo thing for my 2007 Acadia, but don't want the thing that goes on top with the rails. Ideall I want something like what's in this picture. I don't think they make one specifically for the Acadia, but does anyone know where I can get something like this? I'm guessing it plugs into the hitch?
(I haven't installed a hitch yet either, but saw the links to gmpartsdirect.com where I plan to get the parts).

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Pretty much any of the hitch carriers will work. One thing you need to think about is access to the rear area - if you have cargo piled high on the hitch carrier you will not be able to open the rear hatch - unless you get a fold away type.

Check out this thread to see one I have been eying, it is kind of pricey but it has the best of both a flat carrier and a locking case and you can get a fold away if you want.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2030.msg30087#msg30087

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check out Etrailer.com for all of your cargo carrying wishes.They have hitches,wiring adapters and cargo/bike carriers at very good prices.I installed a 2" receiver hitch on my Outlook made by hidden hitch and the wiring adapter to the tail lights in one hour.All parts required are included and no cutting or cursing needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts