GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to do the hitch/wiring install on my 08 Acadia. I notice the aftermarket hitches have washers with the bolts and spacers that go above the two rearmost mounting points. Does the factory hitch use either of these items for install, 1/2 washers or the spacers?
Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
6 Posts
what's involved in adding the wiring harness for the trailer lights? Is there a plug-n-play harness from GM, or is there a quality aftermarket version?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
noesp,
Welcome to the forum. This topic has been addressed at length in the this section, the most recent being 4 posts below this one. If you will be so kind as to use the search key on the upper left part of your screen or merely go back to the towing forum main page, you'll be able to locate the needed information.

brownaar,
I will have to look at our hitch & will update here unless someone else answers first.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
OK, I looked at the hitch and it uses flange head bolts on all mounting points, to include the rearmost two- these have built-in washers that are integral with the head. I can't tell what is under them w/o taking it apart and that's not going to happen anytime soon- it's my wife's vehicle. :nono: :beatdown:

Based on my experience w/ GM parts and hardware, I suspect they thread into nuts that are part of the frame. You may already have these on yours. They look to be about a 12mm thread based on the hex size of the bolt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts