GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit the ATV trails this past week and I thought I would share some pictures of the Acadia and the ATV. These picture may hurt the eyes of some Acadia owner who keep their Acadia's spotless, but these are pictures of my Acadia are taken after driving it on the back road and two tracks of northern Michigan, so it got a little dusty and muddy.

Stats:

Acadia
2008 SLT-1 FWD
Carbon black
titanium leather
Duel sun roofs.
No tow package (aftermarket add on)
K&N Air filter.
18.1 MPG city 23MPG highway and 15.5MPG towing The lift gate on the trailer acts like a wind sail so the MPG's suffer ::)

Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
Matt black finish
12 inch Polished aluminum rims
2500lbs warn winch (I have yet to install)

2008 6x10 Utility Trailer

And my shady wire set up ::)

Hope you like the pics of the Acadia at work... :)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Great pics, thanks for sharing. Don't worry, ours gets dirtier than that just going down the driveway, especially after some rain. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks like fun !
Those Polaris's ride awesome.
I had an 05 700 .
My family still rides atv's alot .
Havent towed with the Acadia yet .
I'll try to post up some pics.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
That must be an aftermarket setup for the trailer lights? Did they run the wire bundle up from the bottom and through the cargo area?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jsimms said:
That must be an aftermarket setup for the trailer lights? Did they run the wire bundle up from the bottom and through the cargo area?
Jsimms,

Yeah I had the wiring done aftermarket along with the hitch receiver. The place that wired the car taped into the wires behind the left tail light in the car jack area and it runs into the cargo management system. Stupid I know, but Im going to rip it out and wire it properly with this system from etrailer.com http://www.etrailer.com/pc-ELELED~119176KIT.htm. The circuit protector they installed does not tap into the power from the battery, and has already burnt out the left turn and stop.

·
Registered
428 Posts
MichAcadia said:
Jsimms,

Yeah I had the wiring done aftermarket along with the hitch receiver. The place that wired the car taped into the wires behind the left tail light in the car jack area and it runs into the cargo management system. Stupid I know, but Im going to rip it out and wire it properly with this system from etrailer.com http://www.etrailer.com/pc-ELELED~119176KIT.htm. The circuit protector they installed does not tap into the power from the battery, and has already burnt out the left turn and stop.
Been there and done that, the bad thing is it will still burn out your lights even when you dont have a trailer hooked up. It will also make the tailights flicker and flash and do all kinds of wierd things. I was driving behind the wife one night when I had mine wired that way too. I took it to the dealer the next day and had them change the fuseblock. I miss the good old days when you could wire things on your truck like yourself without all the hassle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts