GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have a 2011 GMC Acadia. I paid a shop 80.00 to find out why my A/C is not working. they put dye in the system. I recently started hearing a hissing sound from the vents. I was told the condenser was the problem, well I had it replaced. A/C lasted about a day and back to blinking 3 times and system shouting down. Does anyone know what the problem might be? This seen to be a problem with GMC Acadia:confused::mad::sad:

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
The problem might rest with the repair shop and not the car. :shrug: Condensers are seldom reported as a problem area. Was the one requiring replacement damaged in some way?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2011 as well and I had some hissing behind the dash. I tried to add more freon, but I think I actually overcharged the system, which is why mine keeps shutting off. I have another thread where I'm asking about that. It also seems mine gets too hot and the freon turns to gas and makes the pressure in the system too high, which causes the a/c light to blink 3 times. Not sure what the problem is yet.

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
I have a 2011 as well and I had some hissing behind the dash. I tried to add more freon, but I think I actually overcharged the system, which is why mine keeps shutting off. I have another thread where I'm asking about that. It also seems mine gets too hot and the freon turns to gas and makes the pressure in the system too high, which causes the a/c light to blink 3 times. Not sure what the problem is yet.
If you're going to DIY this, look for the factory service manual file download link in other threads of the forum. The document should have trouble-shooting tips and service specs for the HVAC system. Don't be concerned about the year shown for the download. Little changed with respect to this system in the time Lambda platform cars were produced.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2012 Denali. Same problem with the AC. Since 2015... (I bought used in winter, so I could not test the AC ) GMC dealer could not find the leak. But it takes about 3-4 weeks before it can't spit out cold air, so I just recharge it myself with RedTek 12a. It's a pain the connect though. But much less expensive than the 600$ estimate I got!

It's a common problem with Acadias.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 GMC Acadia AC quit working making hissing noise I replaced all the lines from the compressor to the firewall work great for about 3 days now it's hot and hissing again no I find near the compressor wonder why it keeps doing this I used to be a GMC Chevrolet fan but the engineering on this Acadia has made me less of 1 for one thing if you're on the side of the road and your headlights go out you got to dismantle the fender Wells the front bumper everything just to get the damn headlights not to mention when I put the light ac lines in you pretty much got a take apart the whole front clip just to get the lines in because the line is 7 to 10 ft long but wraps around the engine and it's aluminum and you can't bend it the video I watched the text actually pulled the engine just to do the ac lines engineering fals big time on the Acadia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
1289 Acadia
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing