GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 GMC Acadia I recently did my front break pads replacement. Bleed the brake and replace the fluid. Now have hissing air noise whenever pedal is depress and brakes works intermittently? Any help on what’s gone bad? No driving if this vehicle until I know what’s up. Ok

·
Registered
463 Posts
2013 GMC Acadia I recently did my front break pads replacement. Bleed the brake and replace the fluid. Now have hissing air noise whenever pedal is depress and brakes works intermittently? Any help on what’s gone bad? No driving if this vehicle until I know what’s up. Ok
Since you listed it in reverse order, I guess the first question is: did you bleed the brakes after the fluid change?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Just a guess. . . the ABS unit may have gotten air in it and causing the issues.
The ABS is essentially a kind of pump and needs special attention as to the proper bleed and refill procedure as I understand it anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts