GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just bought a 2007 Acadia and it’s having trouble starting it just takes minute to turn over but once it does I can shut it off and turn it on with ease. We first thought battery ruled that out then thought fuel pump.... well I was told it could be either a fuel pressure regulator or the high pressure fuel pump because that was common. But don’t know where those are located.

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
The '07 Acadia's engine does not have a separate high-pressure fuel pump. The only fuel pump is one located in the fuel tank; a fuel pressure sensor is attached to it. Look toward the EVAP system or other parts of the fuel system to solve the problem. Are there any trouble codes stored in memory?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
My first thought would be a leaky injector causing pressure to bleed down after the vehicle sits for a bit of time. Had this many moons ago with a '95 Blazer.

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
My first thought would be a leaky injector causing pressure to bleed down after the vehicle sits for a bit of time. Had this many moons ago with a '95 Blazer.
That shouldn't be a problem if fuel pressure builds before turning the key to start the engine. It's easy to hear the fuel pump working - there's a distinctive buzz under the driver's seat. The pump should shut off a few seconds after the key is turned to 'ON.'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts