GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experiencing a high pitched tone when turning off the car? I don't hear it when driving, but as soon as I turn off the engine I hear this tone for maybe 15 seconds or so. It stops before the lights turn off automatically. It doesn't bother me, just curious as to what is causing it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ditto - I have been hearing it too on my Outlook. I am thinking maybe it has something to do with RAC (or whatever you call it) - the radio staying on until you open the door.

MMMMM that does not make sense because it has already turned off by openning the door and I still hear it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've been hearing that noise as well. Does anyone else notice that the noise starts when you open any door after the truck has been sitting for awhile. I just assumed that it was something electronic.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I too have heard it, haven't figured out what causes it yet though. I thought at first it might be the HID lights, but they stay on longer than the noise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know / havent' heard what noise you are referring to but my current VW has a small electric water pump that recirculates the coolant after the engine is off to cool the engine. The noise when you open the door could be the fuel pump turning on to pressurize the system before you turn the key. I have had cars do this in the past. Maybe the Acadia has one or both of these features?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I haven't heard the nosie either (in my Acadia), but, now I know what the noise is coming from in my new GTI....that I never really bothered to investigate further.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've heard it too - still not sure what it is. I'm pretty sure everything (Radio, RAC, etc) is 'off' because I've exited and locked it.....it goes for about 15 secs or so and then turns off. I thought it was the headlights, but the noise is there even after the headlamps have turned off.

My wife's 2007 Yukon Denali has the same thing, only hers seems to be louder. I'd love to know what it is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
To add to my earlier comment regarding the possible electric water pump.....I don't think that is it. I have the noise as well on my Acadia and I haven't figured out what it is. Does anyone know what it is or had it looked at yet?

·
Registered
49 Posts
This buzz or whine noise is coming from the solenoids in the transmission. These solenoids will stay active during the TCM shut down, which will last about ten seconds. This is a normal operating characteristic of the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
JimDandy said:
This buzz or whine noise is coming from the solenoids in the transmission. These solenoids will stay active during the TCM shut down, which will last about ten seconds. This is a normal operating characteristic of the vehicle.
Ya' know, you're right useful around here. ;)

Kelly

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JimDandy said:
Sounds logical to me. Thanks!

·
Registered
360 Posts
JimDandy said:
Thanks for posting this!

Adam

·
Registered
403 Posts
kjf said:
JimDandy said:
Ya' know, you're right useful around here. ;)

Kelly
This would explain why this noise seems to have stopped for folks that got the TCM/ECM flash recently. The engineers must have made some changes to it. It MAY also explain why my battery died so often in the 07. It would continue to whine with key in ignition whether in accessory position or even in off position. ???

·
Registered
748 Posts
I had the tranny reflashed on Monday, last night after work I parked in my garage and turn off the car and I can say that I no longer hear the whine from the tranny that I had every night before. The reflash must have done something to do away with this High Pitched Noise that was heard. Was never a big deal to me before although I did notice it, but now it is gone.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My 08 whines while in accessory mode, can you put your's in accessory mode while in the garage and see if you hear the high pitch noise coming from the hood area. I have a September build date and was told that I have the latest flash, but mine still wines...Thanks

·
Registered
518 Posts
cybergroove said:
My 08 whines while in accessory mode, can you put your's in accessory mode while in the garage and see if you hear the high pitch noise coming from the hood area. I have a September build date and was told that I have the latest flash, but mine still wines...Thanks
My Enclave has had the reflash and I can confirm that it still whines while in the accessory position. It grows rather tiresome when working on the vehicle in the garage if I try to listen to the radio.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts