GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Acadia with aftermarket HID's. I put HID's in about 6 years ago and never had problems until about a year ago. Sometimes they would go out, sometimes they would never turn on. So I replaced both the bulbs and ballasts (not the cheap stuff). After that they worked fine for the last 8 months and now are starting to act up again. Sometimes they come on and stay on at night, sometimes they come on after cranking the car and will stay on for about 20 seconds and then turn off. Both sides do this, so I don't think it's a coincidence that they both failed at the same time. It has to be some kind of issue with the car. I'll double check that there aren't any connection issues but in the case that there isn't, wanted to see if anyone on here has had this happen before.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
On a 2010, I would check for corroded ground connections at body points and also the under hood and passenger side fuse boxes for corrosion.
Regarding the under hood fuse and relay box, a few have had the fastening bolt that holds the box to the body not fasten down correctly and cause various issues.
Not sure any of this may help, but wiring on +10 year old vehicles often starts going wonky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts