GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how I can tell if my Acadia has HIDs. My option sheet when I bought the vehicle doesn't say that I have HIDs, Up close it looks like a normal halogen light with blue tint around the edges but at a distance its white with blueish/purple tint depending on the angle. When looking through my owners manual under bulb replacement It says the vehicle is equipped with HID headlamps and should be serviced by the dealer/retailer or a qualified technician. Are the manuals for the non/hid and hid the same? Sorry for the noob question but any info would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
339 Posts
If you have an SLE, then you do not have HIDs unless you installed an aftermarket kit. If you've got an SLT, then someone more knowledgeable than I will have to provide some additional information as I'm not sure what the difference may be.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There would be controls for the HID on the dash to the right of the steering wheel. There would also be a line item on your option sheet, not to mention a 4x4 square recess in the top of the dashboard above the wheel for the info to be projected onto the windshield.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
MoJoe said:
There would be controls for the HID on the dash to the right of the steering wheel. There would also be a line item on your option sheet, not to mention a 4x4 square recess in the top of the dashboard above the wheel for the info to be projected onto the windshield.
He is asking about the HID(headlights), not the HUD (heads up display)

Psylas said:
Just curious how I can tell if my Acadia has HIDs. My option sheet when I bought the vehicle doesn't say that I have HIDs, Up close it looks like a normal halogen light with blue tint around the edges but at a distance its white with blueish/purple tint depending on the angle.
What your describing sounds like mine, I don't have HID, I think GM just made them to look like it. They are still pretty bright lights.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
The HIDs are an option on the SLT-2 models only and would have the RPO code TVD listed on the RPO code sticker in the glove box. The non-HID halogen lights do produce a bluish tint when viewed from certain angles due to the projector beam lenses.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Id d
GeoHawk said:
The HIDs are an option on the SLT-2 models only
I didn't realize that, why would that be an option for the SLT2 only? I went to the GMC site, to build your own acadia. When I tried to look at everything for the SLE option, it would only show one option for paint color "dark crimson" and that was it. Anyone know why? And the Dual Scape was not an available option for the SLE either. Why such limitations?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Id d
GeoHawk said:
The HIDs are an option on the SLT-2 models only
I didn't realize that, why would that be an option for the SLT2 only? I went to the GMC site, to build your own acadia. When I tried to look at everything for the SLE option, it would only show one option for paint color "dark crimson" and that was it. Anyone know why? And the Dual Scape was not an available option for the SLE either. Why such limitations?
I think the limitations are based on many things including manufacturing costs and marketing. But I find that overall the Acadia's options were overall very flexible compare to other manufacturer's cars.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Looking at the order guide, here are some options available on the SLE models:

Entertainment system (DVD)
Cargo Package - cargo net and cargo shade
Convenience Package - Remote start and rear parking assist
Preferred Package - Power seats, leather wrapped steering wheel w/ radio controls
Heated washer fluid
Towing Package

But no sunroof, HIDs, HUD, 19-inch wheels, NAV, power liftgate, universal home remote, heated seats, and express up windows (down only) and maybe a couple other minor things.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GeoHawk said:
The HIDs are an option on the SLT-2 models only and would have the RPO code TVD listed on the RPO code sticker in the glove box. The non-HID halogen lights do produce a bluish tint when viewed from certain angles due to the projector beam lenses.
Sounds good, thanks for clearing that up

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
2 easy ways.

1. Turn on high beams. If only the outboard light is on you have HID. If both inboard and outboard are on you have Halogen.

2. Look closely at lens near outboard projector light (during the day with lights off or you will hurt your eyes). There should some small clear lettering in the plastic outer lens about 3mm tall. If the lettering says D1S you have HID, if the lettering say H11 you have halogen.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks Patman. Now I know I have them; though, if i would have looked at the sticker closely I would have seen the $500 item. The SL2 is so loaded it's hard to digest all the extras.

·
Registered
39 Posts
lagunasrfr said:
Thanks Patman. Now I know I have them; though, if i would have looked at the sticker closely I would have seen the $500 item. The SL2 is so loaded it's hard to digest all the extras.
No problem, glad I could help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also, if your running lights are the outer most lights, then you have non-HID halogens for your headlights. However, if your running lights are the inner most lights next to the grill, then you have HIDs as your headlights. During the day, this is how I identify whether or not oncoming Acadias have HIDs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts