GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have the problem of getting "flashed" by an oncoming car when you are driving with the HID headlights at night? I don't know if our lights are set wrong (maybe pointing to much to the left) or if the HIDs are just too bright. We can see a long way ahead, even without the brights on. Any thoughts?? ???

·
Registered
119 Posts
Some people reported that their HID headlights were aimed too high from the factory. The setting is adjustable if you know how to do it. There was a thread on how to do it yourself but I can't find it for some reason, or you could take it to your dealer and have it done as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
General Discussions > GMC Acadia > Do HID lights self-level? Is one of the topics to look at for aiming the headlights there is another one with a picture.

·
Registered
492 Posts
KUrox said:
Does anyone else have the problem of getting "flashed" by an oncoming car when you are driving with the HID headlights at night? I don't know if our lights are set wrong (maybe pointing to much to the left) or if the HIDs are just too bright. We can see a long way ahead, even without the brights on. Any thoughts?? ???
Check out thread:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=338.0

·
Registered
812 Posts
Rky Mtns1 said:
General Discussions > GMC Acadia > Do HID lights self-level? Is one of the topics to look at for aiming the headlights there is another one with a picture.
im afraid not, it doesnt even come with a manual adjust. its been one of the feature im lookin for as i was shopping around. Hope Gm would add this to as an option in the future.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have had my Acadia just over 4 months and I can't recall any on-coming vehicles flashing at my HIDs. They are bright. Road signs and reflectors pop right out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry :( SioXie - but if you followed this link http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=338.0 -which is in the post just before yours - you would see the pictures and comments about the manual adjustment for aiming the HIDs, which I performed on my Acadia (found out the left was aimed higher than the right light) and I haven't been flashed since I adjusted the lights.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Rky Mtns1 said:
Sorry :( SioXie - but if you followed this link http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=338.0 -which is in the post just before yours - you would see the pictures and comments about the manual adjustment for aiming the HIDs, which I performed on my Acadia (found out the left was aimed higher than the right light) and I haven't been flashed since I adjusted the lights.
its ok bro, i did check it and thanks for that info ;D, what i meant are these manual adjustment knob that you can adjust the angle of the HID from your driver seat. i know it for my car have one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts