GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I drive a 2007 "NBS" Sierra. When my wife told me that she wanted to trade her 2003 Pilot in for an Acadia I was delighted and blown away. She has driven rice burners since 1984, so now when we go out (her behicle is always the "go out" car) I won't have to fumble for lights, wipers, etc.

Anyway, we drove the '08 Acadia SLT2 home this evening and the only option she did not get that she wanted was the HID headlights. I figured that, knowing GM, it was probably a "plug 'n play" upgrade once I knew the part numbers for the HID components. I compared Acadia's with and w/o HID and discovered that the outside polycarbonate shells are identical. The only difference is that a non-HID Acadia has two frosted lenses and the HID has a clear, spherical lamp with the Xenon bulb inside. Under the hood of the Acadia with HID, I could not find the ballast modules, most likely they are under the shrouds that line the engine compartment.

So, does anyone know the P/N's of the HID parts?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't know about the part numbers but why not just find or order one with the HIDs?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tomahawk said:
I don't know about the part numbers but why not just find or order one with the HIDs?
We tried. Based on other priorities, we bought the one w/o the HID. Since HID is becoming the latest rage and aftermarket kits abound, i figured it should be an easy retrofit--I was wrong.

·
Registered
659 Posts
As well as the parts, there are some operational differences with the HIDs. Those include the DRLs shifting to the brights and foregoing the flash to pass function. I don't know if these changes are accomplished in the switching or the ECM modules but you will probably want to account for them as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GerryL said:
As well as the parts, there are some operational differences with the HIDs. Those include the DRLs shifting to the brights and foregoing the flash to pass function. I don't know if these changes are accomplished in the switching or the ECM modules but you will probably want to account for them as well.
I don't think so. This may just be handled in the cable harness.

compnurd said:
I find that strange because my outlook with HID's, flashes to pass fine
I agree, there is no reason to inhibit the HID, should be pretty much "instant on". In a sense, i may be better off with after-market than OEM--what the ECM dosen't know won't hurt it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts