GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i know the difference in them but how can you just tell the difference between the two? I've seen some with a darker blue lenses on the projector (not headlight) and lighter blue or clear tint projectors.

·
Registered
824 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
2011SLTAcadian said:
Okay i know the difference in them but how can you just tell the difference between the two? I've seen some with a darker blue lenses on the projector (not headlight) and lighter blue or clear tint projectors.
For those Acadias with regular halogen headlamps, the 2007s initially had a blue tint to the projector lenses. This was changed to a clear lens mid-way through the model year.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, mines a 2011. Think there more light blue to clear, but i've seen much darker blue ones on eBay and other site. Why i ask is cause i found some condensation in my right headlight after washing the car, notice while i was wiping her dry. Might gotta break the seal and reseal or maybe if i can find some aftermarket headlight or something, I don't think theres any. Can the HID headlights can be a direct swap or their some rewiring?

·
Registered
824 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Just as an example, if you go to rockauto.com and look up their headlamp assemblies for Acadias, they list a "1st design/blue lens" assembly and a 2nd design halogen assembly (which will have the more clear lens).

Does your assembly have significant water droplets in it or just some foggy condensation? Mine will occasionally get a little foggy, but will usually clear up within a few hours.

As far as HIDs, I installed one of Xenon Depots Phillips HID kits in my 2004 GTO. It was a great kit, high quality. There's a new wiring harness included with the kit that contains the ballasts and ignition modules that you will have to mount. It took me probably about 2 hours to install everything and it's pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is old,,,,,,however still an issue.

My 2011 Acadia Denali w/HID's has melted it's 2nd set of headlight housings.
The first replacement from GM cost me over $1,200.00.
Now it has melted again.
I cannot find HID's housings anywhere except GM at over $550/copy(over $1,100.00 total + install).
Another G-Note and maybe it'll last a year......
There are thousands of Acadias with melted headlights and GM is no help at all.
I'd just as soon put in the halogen model at $150.00, get good LED's, maybe add some self-contained driving lights and rewire, however, the light controls are different for the two options.
The HID's have the Hi/Low handled by the same outer bulb and the inner bulb is just a 3157 white driving light(melting the housing).
The Halogens have a low-beam/driving light outside and the high beams inside (I believe).

I really do not want to "Frankenstein" my headlights, adapters would be preferred.

Abandoned by GM in IL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts