GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We just bought our 2008 GMC Acadia SLT-1 Liquid Silver w/titanium. It has the convenience pkg. & power lift gate. Wanted the dual sunroof but the rebates were horrible at the time, and I couldn't get the numbers were I wanted. We love it. Had a couple chips & nicks. So I just got it back from the dealer/body shop. Got a good bit of compound overspray on it, so I'm bringing it to them tomorrow to detail it. They repainted the hood, driver door, and driver side top beam. I got mud flaps on the front and rear done while it was there. It rides really good, and is very comfortable. I've been viewing this forum for some time now, and figured it was time to join.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Awesome! New vehicles are so exciting. :blob: Welcome to our humble corner of the net. :)

You're probably better off without those sunroofs in the long run anyway given their history with water leaks... if you've lurked here, you know what I refer to. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Parrothead!

Thanks for joining us here at the Acadia forum and welcome to the ownership family. :blob: There's a LOT of information here if you take the time to look and if you can't find it, even more good folks who can direct you to the right places to get your questions answered. ;D

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Welcome parrothead!!! I agree with you that the car rides well and is comfortable. My mother-in-law has owned Cadillacs for 20+ years and after riding in the Acadia for a few hours, said she liked the ride better than any of the cars she has ever had.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Like Robert Duvall once said "I love the smell of newcar in the morning!!!!" :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I tell ya, I've always owned Fords and never had a problem. I still have my F-150 Supercrew Lariat, and still love it. But we had to get one of these Acadias, and I was tired of the wife's volkswagen. That's a car you don't want to buy. Thanks for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi parrothead,

Congrats on the new ride. :cheers: and welcome! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
:welcome:

Did you shop over this way at all? I found several '08 models with the "luxury" package that includes sunroof & 19" wheels. Even found an 8 passenger one in Orlando. The wife did not want a sunroof, so none were really considered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I pretty much shopped in in LA. They had some like I specked out, but like I said, the pricing was too high. I didn't want to spend 40K.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Congrats and welcome. This is a great community. If you have any problems or questions just ask, everyone here is real helpful. :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts