1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Neato. But why does the house you win have to be in a particular city/state? Like I'm gonna uproot my entire life and move to Sonoma, CA if I were to win. *scratches head*

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm guessing the house is over 4500lbs, so forget towing it to a new location with that new Acadia...

When I confirmed the towing capacity above at the Canadian Acadia website (gm.ca) says "5200lbs (interim)", so I guess there's a towing capacity increase coming this year.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good one! :thumb: eh?

EDIT
Chances are that one would have the 5200# capacity, not that it would make a difference. Perhaps you could do it one room at a time, and they could feature it on the HGTV show where they move entire houses.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just saw this. I was watching HGTV (My house is worth what?) and they showed this segment, I told my wife that the car on display was an Acadia. Pretty cool!

·
Registered
281 Posts
When my wife and I looked at the house, we were not overly impressed. We definately liked the exterior, but once we got inside, we were disappointed. I guess it is just our tastes, but the interior was not that great. Kinda small on the inside. We definately liked the Dream Home from last year in Hilton Head. We actually drove by it when we were down there last summer. Not that we wouldn't accept it if we won, but when you do a 360 of the exterior, you get to see the houses across the street. It kind of reminds me of what Extreme home makeover would do to a house. One gigantic house amongst smaller homes. I first thought when I saw it on the website that it would be in the country. NOt in a neighborhood.

However, if we won, we would sell the house, pay off ours and keep the sweet Acadia! :thumb:

·
Registered
156 Posts
That house rocks for both of us. Yet we'd have to give up our high paying jobs here. No way Jose!

Screw the Acadia. That house rocks and being in that area makes it way more attractive. After living out there for 6 yrs that area has a lot to offer!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I liked last years house better also. But I would be willing to take this one. Wonder if I could afford the taxes on it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts