GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that you are a onstar person and would like a little info on it, i also have some questions.
Some of the people i know were talking about how onstar helped in the hurricanes, and i later found out it was somthing called crisis assist. i did a google search on it and couldn't find much. so i have some questions.

1. can you tell me really what it is and what it does
2. how can it help me
3. do the acadias come with it
4. do all gm cars with onstar have it, or do i need to order it some how, because i have 3 cars with onstar and would like it on all of them, just in case

thanks for being so helpful

·
Registered
218 Posts
Rollin,

Here is a link that explains it the best. http://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/plans/sca.jsp

And you are correct this is something we did during the hurricanes. Any vehicle equipped with OnStar will have open communications to get in touch with loved ones or emergency services.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great, thanks for the link. Its really cool that yall can help out like that.

·
Registered
218 Posts
When Katrina hit LA we got to see a map of all the Blue Button presses and phone orginations, and it looked like a huge spiderweb on every road out of New Orleans up for about 3-4 states on each side. Pretty incredible.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What a great feature, thanks to both of you for sharing it. This is my 3rd vehicle with OnStar and I had never seen or heard about that. Working for 911 it's great to know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts