Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my '08 SLT2. -noticing a hesitation when going uphill - takes some added oomph to the gas pedal to get it going - anyone else? Any suggestions - should I contact my dealer, or is this considered "normal"? Thanks. -J.

ps - My vehicle was built 2nd week of August, if that counts for anything. Thanks again for any input.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I would say almost everyone - this is what most meant when they complained about the transmission or the tranny issues we all talk about - it was a problem for me when I first got my Acadia as I live in a rural hilly area - I have grown to know the car better and it is not as much of an issue as in the past -it really has to do with most of us not being used to a six speed tranny and the shift points - I am hoping the tranny flash being released this week will solve these issues - I guess the 08's will need them too.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have an 08 and the newest flash and i too have to pound it to go up hill. I wouldnt see the newest flash fixing this though since we already have it. Just gotta press a little harder

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just looking for any update on this? We have REALLY noticed this. There is a section where we have to make a left turn from a stop and head straight up hill to get home and we have to floor it to get it to go and even then there is a BIG (2-3 seconds or more) delay before anything starts moving. Do we need to take it to the dealer to have it flashed?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
My car is a 2008 that was built before the last flash. When backing in my drive, I would have to really press hard to get it to move. It seemed almost like the transmission was slipping. After the flash it is much much better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked up a new SLT1 AWD yesterday. How do I tell if I have the latest flash or not? Is there a VIN number cut-off? I have noticed that you have to be a little heavy footed to get it to go anywhere. And I say that after driving a Suburban for the last 8 years that had 10 less hp and 2000lbs more weight so it's not like I'm comparing it to a vette or something :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts