GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Here's a pic from http://www.enclaveforum.net showing a Red Jewel on an overcast day - I'm fairly certain the one you found is the same.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I saw and sat in one of the Red Jewel with Ebony did not get a chance to drive it.

I'm not an Ebony person never had black interior and everytime I get in one all I see is work to keep it lookking sharp.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Too much blue in the red makes purple. Don't like it!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Dan-M said:
Too much blue in the red makes purple. Don't like it!!
:ditto:

I hate it looks to PURPLE i hate PURPLE

·
Registered
683 Posts
I actually like purple, but this is too girly pink/purple. I was hoping for more of a deep purple grape, or a real deep red wine color. Something that actually made the car look rich, this looks terrible. Maybe seeing it in person it would be better, but the initial pics don't look classy at all.

·
Registered
259 Posts
:puke: I REALLY don't like that AT ALL. The car OR the color. It looks like a PT Cruiser on steroids. Is that really an Enclave?

·
Registered
159 Posts
It looks nothing like PT Cruiser!!!!!!! :p :p :sosad: :eek:hno: :'( :angryfire: That was a bbbbiiiiggggggg big insult to the enclave..

·
Registered
405 Posts
GAgirl said:
I REALLY don't like that AT ALL. The car OR the color. It looks like a PT Cruiser on steroids. Is that really an Enclave?

(because that smily groses me out i deleted it from your quote)

It looks like a PT Cruiser thats why i hate it. I cant belive Tiger Woods likes it. it just dosent fit that young of person or type of person. He seems more fit to drive a corvette or porsche etc.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Tiger "likes it" because Buick pays him in sponsorship $$! He has to "like it"! I don't mean to offend any Enclave owners, but I am going to say what I think. Yuck. That's why the world is full of options - that way, we all find something we like...and I prefer my Acadia!!

ps. I hate that emoticon, too, but that's the only one I could find to express my dislike!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have to laugh, I showed my husband the picture, for the color and he said, "Wow! It looks like a cross between a PT Cruiser and a minivan!" ::)

I personally like the PT Cruiser. It's cute. :sunny: Like the Acadia better!! :thumb:

·
Registered
259 Posts
See? Great minds think alike - me and your husband! Not a fan of the PT.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I think I just threw up in my mouth...twice!!!

·
Premium Member
894 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Everyone, this is not what the color is going to look like. This is just the Red Jewel coat taken with a camera that doesn't have its whitebalance set. If you look at the chrome it is blue. Don't push the panic button they would never change the color to purple. All 3 Lambda platforms have the same colors. Here is a link to what is really looks like:

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=556

·
Registered
159 Posts
I thought that the picture of the enclave was a Red Jewel and not the new one because the new color is not even offered on the enclave!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The G8 is a rebadge of a Holden car from Austrailia...not that there is anything wrong with that (have to get my Seinfeld quotes in somewhere).

The V8 G8 might be a tough sell with gas prices the way they are. In fact, I have a feeling that the US automakers will be discounting many of their muscle cars once gas gets to $4 a gallon...oh wait...it's $4 a gallon already in some parts of the country. I really think GM missed the boat (yet again) by producing non fuel-efficient cars while their foreign competitors already have a full lineup of fuel efficient vehicles.

I absolutely love the G8 though...so the V6 is something that I would be interested in...even though it would be less fun to drive...but reality has to set in at some point...my kids will be going to college at some point.

My wife found a new job to practice medicine...unfortunately it's a 35 minute drive (vs. her 5 minute drive from her old job). However, they are going to pay off the remainder of her medical school loans...so that will save us about $100,000 (not including interest)...so a new car may be in the future for me...just waiting for a sweet deal.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Actually, my original reply to this thread said this was red jewel taken in poor lighting conditions. I guess people didn't believe me ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
I thought that the picture of the enclave was a Red Jewel and not the new one because the new color is not even offered on the enclave!
Dark Crimson Metallic will be available on the Enclave. It is not shown on the web yet, but is shown in the Enclave brochure as "Late Availability".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts