GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a white diamond tricoat last weekend and should hear back from the salesperson if they are still offering that color now. In the week of waiting I am starting to grow fond of the black carbon met. I need to make a decision fast. Seems like there has been problems with the WDT. I just think it looks so posh. The black gives it a run. Any helpful advise?

·
Registered
812 Posts
you dont happen to know David Beckham do you? jas kiddin...

Me, im going for the C. Black (even if its meant more maintenace) if i ever brought one, blends with the black plastic bumper well.... although i just check out a Dark Crimson Acadia and i was surprise that it does look good in person as some members would agree, kinda blackish and brownish depending on the angle as the picture posted here dont do it justice.... i have to rub my eyes like ten times to figure out what color was it. :thumb:

have your dealer put them side by side and compare! you can add the Medium Brown M. in the middle for added confusion (like i did)... jas kiddin again!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Its really a personal preference. I think the WDT is too off-white for my tastes as it always looks dirty to me...Summit White is more crisp. However I personally choose the Carbon Metallic, mainly because it allowed the lower cladding, black mirrors, and pillars to blend in the best as SioXie mentioned. It does show the dust alot, but that's the trade off I was willing to take (I wash cars once a week anyway). As for the paint problem, I think other colors were reported to have the same issue so just luck of the draw on that one.

My second choice was actually the Medium Brown and I do still like it, but my wife was against it...good luck with your decision, I'm sure you'll be happy in the end!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree, it is a personal choice...

My two least favorite colors were the brown and the blue-gold, I saw one of each in the past two days. That said, I would gladly take either of them home for my own (don't have one yet). I don't believe there is any wrong or completely tasteless color offered. You just have to pick the one that suits your lifestyle the best. Are you busy and the type to go weeks before washing your car? Does every little scratch or spec of dust get on your nerves? In that case maybe carbon black isn't the best choice. The fact that you say the WDT looks so posh leads me to believe this might be a better color choice for you, after all you did choose "posh" for your handle name didn't you :)

Some other factors to take into account are...1. Where are you located? Is it rainy, dusty, hot, cold? 2. what color interior are you set on? how will it look with each color? 3. what color does your significant other want? 4. what other colors have you seen a lot of in the area?

Anyway, good luck with this. I will be knocking on your door when the time comes for me to choose a color :) Oh and if you just can't decide, do this :beer: then go with your gut ;D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Interior color is a key consideration, though my choice of Brick would work with the white more then the blue. I get endless compliments on the brick interior and though I was a little aprehensive in choosing it before I ever saw it in person, I am so glad I have it. Gives the whole vehicle a nice warm feel. As far as exterior, I went with the Gold, but I personally really like the brown. The brown is the number one choice of Enclave buyers, though for whatever reason it is far down the list with the Acadia.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone. I am in Alaska. I think I'm stickin with the WDT as I don't wash my vehicles often but if they no longer offer the WDT I will definately go black! Thanks again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just found out I can't get the WDT anymore, so I wonder which I'll come home with. By the way I chose the name spice because I read some car article about the color and when they said they thought the WDT was very posh, I thought that is exactly the right term. Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
The white diamond is being replaced with platinum ice. Last I checked, it was on constraint until Jan. Check with your dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brown is probably in last place on the acadia because there is no interior choice in the matching cashmere color. You would have to get brick (very difficult to find) or black or titanium. The dealer told me he thought the reason cashmere was not offered was because it would make the interior too busy with the black dashoard and for cost reasons, the black dash goes in every Acadia. The Enclave makes the dashboard in Chocolate for the Cashmere interior. Very beautiful.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Outlook has brown interior available as well. It's very nice. In fact, that's why I bought it over the Acadia.

I was going to go with Carbon, however, if I went the Acadia route.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine had to be White Diamond after seeing several different colors in person, but for several reasons than stand alone color---- white vehicles may statistically be more readily seen by other drivers, at least according to the insurance industry. Those along with yellow and red. But the ability to not see dirt as easily is a strong reason for me.

·
Registered
659 Posts
coachrider said:
white vehicles may statistically be more readily seen by other drivers, at least according to the insurance industry. Those along with yellow and red. But the ability to not see dirt as easily is a strong reason for me.
If the ability to not see dirt is important,...Gold mist has to be the champ, this thing can go for a month between washings and still look showroom ready from ten feet away. Knowing it didn't fit in our garage too well, and would be outside a fair amount of time, it was a factor for me and I'm amazed at how well it works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts