GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I found a trick to make searching dealer inventories a bit easier, in case you are wanting to avoid ordering your Acadia.

First off, use http://www.gmbuypower.com/shop.jsp?&regionid=&userType=GMBP - this site is where you are sent if you have Supplier Pricing, but it works fine even without it (you just get MSRP prices instead of supplier prices listed).

Choose GMC, then Acadia (duh), then choose between FWD and AWD (this is the only option that changes the inventory results), the next step - choosing SLE, SLT1 or SLT2 - doesn't really matter, all will be returned in your search. Now punch in your zipcode and submit. The default settings search a 150 mile radius around your zipcode and shows the 5 closest dealerships. You can change these two parameters to more quickly search inventories.

To display more dealers (most helpful) - click on the url bar in your browser (the part that starts with "http://" and scroll to the right until you find this: desiredCount=5 , now change that to desiredCount=25 and you'll see the closest 25 dealerships to your zipcode.

To change the search radius - click on the url bar and scroll to the right until you find this: SearchByPostalCodeProximity=150 , change that 150 to however far you'll willing to go to buy your Acadia (or your dealer is willing to transport from).

I found making these changes made it MUCH faster to search many inventories quickly. My final tip would be to use a browser with tabbed windows (like firefox or IE7) and middle click on each dealer in the list. This will open their inventories up in another browser tab, whcih you can switch to, look at , then close to be back at the deal list very quickly. I generally open 4 or 5 dealer tabs at once, then close them out one at a time after browsing their Acadias.

Good luck. Be sure to let us know if you find any other tips or tricks for searching out the perfect Acadia!
admin

Moderator update

You can also get some results on[/color] Vehix.com.[/color]

·
Registered
310 Posts
Re: helpful inventory searching tips

I am done searching since I have ordered, but I really would have appreciated this info beforehand!!!

I also would have really liked it if I could have utilized a power search on option packages (and trim levels). I don't even know why the GMC site has trim as a qualifier it does nothing!!

For my 5'3 wife and me at 6', Memory Seats is the killer app for us. Only available SLT2, so whenever I searched, I had to start checking every car that was $37k and more. and for the cars between 37k and 40k, 80% are SLT1 with almost all options instead of an SLT2 with just a couple (like we wanted).

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I completely agree, it's extremely annoying that you can't search by at LEAST trim level, much less by option. When I was searching for my Infiniti, theirs did a much better job of at least pushing the closest matches to the top of the list, including trim level and options. So I know it's technically possible

·
Registered
310 Posts

I am thinking it is a problem with the vehicle or trim codes, because on the supplier site, I was doing a lot of searching for minivans and other vehicles before we drove the Acadia (prompting a rapid end of the search for which car we wanted). The search engine still stunk, but there was a "match" meter which did have some meaning, but on that same site, search for an Acadia, put in SLT2, and 5 star match on everything regardless of trim.

At least it looks like it works for FWD/AWD parameter. Maybe a dealer or GMC will see this forum and do something about their search.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Left Feedback on GMC website

I just left the following message on the GMC website, reporting a problem with their site:

This is not just me, it is also the experience noted by other users on http://www.acadiaforum.net

When doing inventory searches on the GMC Acadia, the attempt to filter or preference based on trim (SLE, SLT1, SLT2) has no bearing on results. This makes it very difficult to find relevant cars without going all the way to the sticker for each car in the area.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Thanks for the tips!! I've been using the "inventory on a separate tab" method to try to stay orderly, but I've hated having to search through 5 dealerships, then do another search with a different zip, etc....the tip about changing the URL is fantastic!

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

My pleasure. It was a HUGE time saver for me when researching.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Another tip...

By default, the maximum results returned per search on the GMC site is 25, which I find to be quite annoying. However, like the above suggestion, this limit can be increased. Just look for the variable in the url that says maximumCount=25 and change it to maximumCount=50 (won't go any higher).

With this change, I started searching geographic areas instead of the five individual dealerships in the area found the results to be much more satisfying.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Just to clarify, maxmumCount affects the max number of acadias returned from a single dealership? I never messed with that field in my research, but then again no dealership ever had more than 13 acadias returned. And it was rare to even pass a single page of 10

·
Registered
45 Posts

It will increase the number of results returned for whatever search you use, dealership, city or zip code...when using the "Locate Your GMC" function on the GMC.com site. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
263 Posts

Hi everyone..

I'm new here and I'm planning on buying an Acadia in the next two weeks. I just checked the link for inventory search, and I'm wondering if it's "broken" now? I just seems to take me to the regular GMC "find your Acadia" link now. Does anyone know if there's a better place to look?

·
Registered
25 Posts

same here... wondering if they took that option out???

·
Registered
263 Posts

I found the link again.....VERY handy:

http://www.gmbuypower.com/shop.jsp?&regionid=&userType=GMBP

Once you select the vehicle type and zip code etc., you can go into the URL coding and change the range parameters to crazy things like 1000 mile radius etc.

I found my Acadia this way - worked beautifully!

·
Registered
59 Posts

Played with this -- nice to be able to do -- but what a total pain.

What we need is a way to have it grab all the window stickers -- store them in a searchable database!

I'm a hard ware guy -- closest I come to programming is some perl code in linux --

surely there must be a collection of utilities that could pull this off!

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

With some effort, I could do this, but I'm not sure about the legality. You'd also have to automate the collection and pruning of the database, since the inventory rolls over so quickly, you'd need to pull them out of the database almost as fast as you put them in.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Can someone assist me with searching tips? I tried the post below and changing the mile radius to 300 miles and nothing came up. I am looking for a New 2008 Acadia, black, captian seats, DVD, sunroof, polished wheels. Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts

I used that site to locate a White Diamond Acadia.
We spent a half day driving to and fro to see the color in person, there wasn't one to be found locally. Naturally after we spent all of that time and gas a good friend of ours said someone at work has one! Anyway, the site was helpful We now have 10,900 miles on ours and we love it!
Lee

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts

I'm all for the window sticker database. I have a slow connection and it is a pain to have to go to site after site and wait for page load after page load only to see this is not what I want.

"We have the technology..."

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts

:) IMPROVED GMC INVENTORY SEARCH! IMPROVED GMC INVENTORY SEARCH! IMPROVED GMC INVENTORY SEARCH! IMPROVED GMC INVENTORY SEARCH! :)[/color]

I'm not sure how this happened, but...

After trying to "build" an '08 SLE on the GM/Acadia website, I couldn't get past the type (FWD/AWD) page- an error page came up. I tried to search inventory & lo and behold a search page came up and allowed input by ZIP city/state, or dealer. The ZIP and city/state have a search range of up to 100 miles. After you input the data, you are taken to a page that lists a lot of vehicle info by the stocking dealer, such as VIN, exterior/interior colors AND interior material (key way to find an SLE- cloth interior) and sticker price. You can also click to see the sticker (i.e. installed options) from this page w/o going to the dealer's website.

NOTE- the model will be wrong but in the several hundred I looked at the colors were right. I was looking for an SLE, and every model on the results was listed as an SLE (tried this after building an SLT, you can still do this but not an SLE for some reason, and all were SLTs, even the $29K cloth interior ones :)). As a side note, for the several vehicles I was interested in, a check of the dealer's website showed them in stock, so the search results seems to be good and not vehicles that were sold 3 months ago.

Maybe someone from GM has been visiting here and heard our complaints about locating inventory. If so, a big thank you from one searching for a specific vehicle in stock.

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts

ARRRRGGHHH :banghead: It has returned to the way it was requiring a new tab/window for each dealer and then a new tab/window for each vehicle. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts