GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently bought an 09 with now 136k miles. I am pulling a few codes, P0420 x2, P0113, & P0497. I have been told a few different things, but never the same thing twice if that makes sense. I need my vehicle to work. So I am hoping someone has had some of these same issues and may be able to give me a direction to start in;

It worked great until about a month ago, give or take. It started out as I would be at a stop light and as i would accelerate, and it seemed the RPMS would rise higher than what they should have been and then it would go normal. Someone said transmission, but the shop told me my engine and trans were great. I am dealing with HORRIBLE gas mileage as well. It now has a noise that i can only describe as if you were a kid and put a card in your spokes on your bike tires. I have been told that may be a hole in the exhaust but that it wasnt a big deal at the moment and isnt affecting the vehicles performance. I do not have a "rotten egg smell' that i have read about with cat issues. It died about 2 weeks ago and we assumed the battery, shop picked it up and they said it "coughed, burped, sneezed, farted and finally started up after a huge blueish color smoke came out. Not sure where to begin at this point. It was mentioned to replace the o2 sensors but i am not sure again if it is lower or upper. The shop told me whoever had this car before me, did not take care of it as you should so I am paying for it now.

I apologize if this is a bunch of nonsense, just trying to give all details as possible to get the best help I can. TIA

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I never had the problems you're having, so I won't be much help. Someone else will have to take the reigns on this. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts