GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i've read alot about all of the aftermarket grilles. i ordered my wife the precision billett and got it today. to others that have this grille, did it come in a 1 piece or 2? i opened the box to find 1 piece that looks to fit the upper grille, and another piece that looks like it fits nowhere. also, how hard is the install? the directions don't seem to help much. thanks- Jmo

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll get some pics and post them up tomorrow. the item # looks to be right. maybe i need to look at it a little more closely, but hopefully someone will be able to help me and ease my mind a bit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
jmotank,

Here is a photo of what I had when I opened my grill.
Doesn't sound like you A:)got the correct grill. or B:)a peice has broken off.
or even C:)you got an extra piece in your box.

Installation, didn't use the included instruction, they didn't seam to include vitial instructions like "cut the GMC emblem out" and other stuff I am sure I have been blocking out with weeks therapy :confused:!
Best of luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, that is the exact same piece i got along with that same item #. so..... i'm starting to wonder if an wrong/extra grille was also throw in the same box on accident some how. i mean, that is definately the piece i got pictured right there. it was wrapped in packing paper that even said 802330 on it. but the other piece says nothing. no markings and much smaller than the acadia grille. doesn't seem to belong or fit anywhere.

here's a few cell pics i snapped real quick:

ok, here's the 802330 grille. looks a tad long to me but i'm assuming it fits inside the chrome lip of the facttory grille for a ttight snug look.

and here's the extra piece in the box with no markings. much smaller

it's a bit confusing. LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is it possible for that piece to go in the bottom plastic piece. I know in the 4-piece kits, a grill goes there, but I haven't seen a 2-piece kit at all. Just throwing out ideas....... ???

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i thought about that but it doesn't look like it would fit there. i kinda held it up to that spot and it just doesn't look like it belongs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts