GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of looking at a new SUV...With 3 months left on my Bmw X3 we started the process...This time though we want to buy...I have to say the Acadia is our favorite but are having a tough time pulling trigger due to the problems with GM...How much should this influence my decision and is the car reliable enough to fight off GM's future...

The price I negotiated is 43,250 on an MSRP car of 48,210 (Before Tax)...Car has mostly everything...Includes all rebates/Get out of lease incentives etc...

I also got the MDX price to 40,800 so the Acadia needs to be that much better then the MDX and I'm thinking with GM's problems it is not...

Please help!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hope3702,

Welcome to the Forum! I would not hesitate to make the purchase. If you're satisfied w/ the price you've negotiated, then I think the Acadia will be everything you would want in a SUV / CUV. I believe that if you were to read thru the thousands of posts on this forum regarding overall satisfaction, you would find that we're a solid majority. You will, however, find that there are owners who have been discouraged by recall issues. Some feel the Acadia needs a V-8, most I think are content. IMO, your GMC will be servicable inspite on the challenges GM is facing, and there will be both parts & service facilities to meet your needs for years to come.

Good luck in your decision, and be sure to tell us what you decide.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I agree with Smooth; if you can get the Acadia in the price range go for it. I think you will be pleased with the vehicle and the majority of us are; as with any vehicle there are issues and the Acadia has some. Overall a great vehicle

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Consider the cost to maintain and repair the foreign car versus domestic. Nobody thinks about this until they find out the real difference. I test drove many crossovers (including the Acura) before purchasing the Acadia and decided this was the best one out there.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
mikemu said:
Consider the cost to maintain and repair the foreign car versus domestic. Nobody thinks about this until they find out the real difference. I test drove many crossovers (including the Acura) before purchasing the Acadia and decided this was the best one out there.
Good point :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help so far...If anyone has anything else to add please do...

Is the price good?

I do like the car alot but am also concerned that if the declare bankrupcy (June 1st) that the discounts will be even greater

·
Registered
662 Posts
I would echo mikemu's comments, we have a Nissan and the Acadia. The Nissan is significantly more to do even just the routine maintanance. I also think the '09s have address a lot of issues of the earlier model years. Good luck w/ whatever you choose.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
hope3702 said:
I am in the process of looking at a new SUV...With 3 months left on my Bmw X3 we started the process...This time though we want to buy...I have to say the Acadia is our favorite but are having a tough time pulling trigger due to the problems with GM...How much should this influence my decision and is the car reliable enough to fight off GM's future...

The price I negotiated is 43,250 on an MSRP car of 48,210 (Before Tax)...Car has mostly everything...Includes all rebates/Get out of lease incentives etc...

I also got the MDX price to 40,800 so the Acadia needs to be that much better then the MDX and I'm thinking with GM's problems it is not...

Please help!!!
What exactly are you looking for? There are three trim levels (SLE, SLT1, and SLT2) all with increasing standard equipment and a greater range of available options. Based on your needs, one model may be better suited than another:
We ended up paying about 25% more than the Dodge Journey we were looking at due to the fact the Journey had a lousy AC system and we live in Florida. The Saturn Outlook and GMC Acadia had a very good AC system. When GMC added cooled seats as a 2009 option, our fate was sealed. Every other make (Suzuki, H***a, F**d, Mazda, Hyundai, Toyota) had something we couldn't live with, be it too small, no third row seats, no rear AC vents, etc.

The Acadia has been a great fit for our needs. It replaced a 5.9L 4WD Durango, so the average MPG increase from 12 to over 20 has been very pleasant as well.

If you can't do any work on your own, you are correct to be concerned over warranty issues. With the federal government pledging support to warranties of all GM vehicles purchased since March (or so), this is a non-issue even if GM declares bankruptcy.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
And bankruptcy filing (which will absolutely happen soon) is unlikely to increase discounts much beyond what is already out there. Find one you like and buy it - there will be no regrets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm looking at SL2 with HID/Nav/Dvd/Heat-Cool/Tech/19 inch/Moonroof

I can do w/o a few of them but seems to be hard to find cars

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Looks like you want the fully loaded model. All nice features. 19" tires costly to replace and not sure what they add over the Std 18". Good luck with the purchase if you get there.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
May want to consider scrapping the NAV - the portable units work just fine and you can swap from one car to another. You'll also save lots of $ :thumb:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
hope3702 said:

Please help!!!
I think the quality of the Acadia is excellent, but the MDX will also have excellent quality. I think the biggest difference between the two is the size. The Acadia is significantly bigger than the MDX. If you want/need a vehicle as big as the Acadia, then the MDX is not able to compete. But if you just need a nice ride for 4 people, the the MDX is a good option too. Some folks have complained about how big the Acadia is and how hard it is to park. Amazingly enough, these complaints came after the bought the vehicle. :eek:hno:

·
Super Moderator
22,585 Posts
I'd guide you toward the Acadia, Hope3702. It's a great vehicle with above par handling and performance. Interior room over comparable-sized crossovers can't be beat.

(sidebar) Am I halucinating, or did my previous post get removed from here?

·
Registered
131 Posts
GAR said:
I think the quality of the Acadia is excellent, but the MDX will also have excellent quality. I think the biggest difference between the two is the size. The Acadia is significantly bigger than the MDX. If you want/need a vehicle as big as the Acadia, then the MDX is not able to compete. But if you just need a nice ride for 4 people, the the MDX is a good option too. Some folks have complained about how big the Acadia is and how hard it is to park. Amazingly enough, these complaints came after the bought the vehicle. :eek:hno:
I think GAR hits it spot on. We're going from a compact SUV to the Acadia because we needed more capacity than the MDX, and even the Pilot, and Highlander could offer. After reading info on this forum, we were sure to take our test drive Acadia into a parking lot and get a feel for the handling. It's certainly a big vehicle (longer wheelbase than the Tahoe/Yukon, but didn't seem to be absurdly unmanueverable).

·
Super Moderator
22,585 Posts
mtnbound said:
I think GAR hits it spot on. We're going from a compact SUV to the Acadia because we needed more capacity than the MDX, and even the Pilot, and Highlander could offer. After reading info on this forum, we were sure to take our test drive Acadia into a parking lot and get a feel for the handling. It's certainly a big vehicle (longer wheelbase than the Tahoe/Yukon, but didn't seem to be absurdly unmanueverable).
I think mine handles as well as my Buick GS did. Big improvement is the brake system. Acadia's are great!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
hope3702 said:

Please help!!!
Buy it; you won't regret it :cheers:

·
Registered
111 Posts
My '07 SLT2 is a joy to drive. I'm looking forward to my next Acadia, with DI and the extra HP.

Keep in mind --though many avoid the issue-- that the GMC is a U.S.-made vehicle, by a U.S. company, with a state-of-the-art U.S.-made engine and tranny. If we don't begn to support our domestic industries and workers, our nation will continue this scarey economic decline. Every purchase of a foreign car adds to the trade deficit, budget deficit, and nation debt. We really need to be mindful of the consequences.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Hope,
As soon as I saw the Acadia I wanted it! I test drove so many others first. Benz,LRover, HATED the BMW! Pilot, Volvo. I waited 10 years and I'm glad I have Abbey! I also went to the website for the MDX first I had issues with the site and finally got on and then I saw it THE CENTER CONSOLE. Just by seeing that I said H*ll no! I have had no issues so far! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts