GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is in Omaha visiting her parents on a lake where they live. A tornado whipped thru and a large part of a tree fell on the roof! :eek:hno:I am in louisville so I haven`t seen it yet. From what my wife tells me, I`m not sure if it will be totaled. The insurance adjuster hasn`t seen it yet. It sounds like if it can be fixed it will need a whole new top replaced. That leads me to my next question. Does anyone know the best place to take the vehicle in Omaha, where it can get fixed correctly??? Thanks for the help in advance. :'(

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
This is horrible!! Sorry to hear about it. I have no clue where to take it, but I wonder if you shouldn't take it to the GMC dealer. If you get it fixed somewhere else, will it impact the warranty??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Usually dealerships farm the work out to body shops. Your insurance may recommend somewhere to take it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I've personally had good luck with Professional Automotive Services (they've repaired my Pathfinder twice), but the location that I used has apparently closed. They do have 2 other locations in Omaha.

Also, Dingman's Collision Center (2 locations) has a very good reputation in Omaha. I wouldn't hesitate to take it there.

Lastly, if you feel more comfortable having a GMC dealer do the work, Plaza Pontiac-Buick-GMC on 120th & I St. does their own body work. There may be other dealers that also do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts