GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Has the $1000 GM Conquest Cash been extended past 2/28/07? I can't find anything on the GM or Edmunds site to confirm this.
2) Has the $500 GM Bonus Cash been extended past 2/28/07? I can't find anything on the GM or Edmunds site to confirm this.
3) For the DVD Infotainment Package - is it as described in the URL below, where the system "is a portable, dockable system travels from vehicle to home, plane or hotel room with a simple, snap-in function. The system also can move from vehicle to vehicle if a duplicate docking system is purchased????"... Or is this system a dealer installed, GM Accessories add-on, entirely different from the factory installed Infotainment System??

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t13022.html

4) GM Personal Audio Link - will this be available to be installed later for the Acadia, and if so does it REQUIRE the XM radio option?
5) Has anyone tried the CoastalTech Bluetooth adapter for GM OnStar? If so, with what Bluetooth Kit??

http://www.coastaletech.com/ONSTAR.htm

Thanks in advance for any and all answers!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Are you asking about the factory DVD option? If you are it is nothing like what is described there. The factory DVD is an 7" LCD dropdown in the ceiling, does not look like it is removable. The DVD is in the dash (one slot for DVD, one slot for CD, and if you have NAV, one slot behiThis looks to be a pretty cool option, and it is a 10", I wish that I had seen some reference to this before we ordered our Acadia, and it would allow you to still have a 6 disc changer in the dash.

For the Personal Audio Link- I dunno, but on Crutchfield, they have some makers which will interface various factory and aftermarket radios to iPods with various levels of integration. I have a unit with my Sony head unit which accesses the iPod like it was a CD changer, although it acts like a CD changer with 500 CDs in it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mitch - thanks for the quick reply. that's what I suspected as well. I just emailed a GMC salesperson to see if this GM Accessory system, described in the Cheers n Gears link, is available. If so, I'd prefer it. The

I look forward to insight on the other questions. I'll update on anything I hear from my salesperson on this system, or from Visualogic on headrest DVD systems. (I've got an email into them as well to see if/when one might be available).

All - I didn't test drive an Acadia with the DVD system, but in some cars this really blocks your view from the rear view mirror! Any owners check this out? (This is another reason I emailed Visualogic).

·
Registered
497 Posts
To your question about Personal Audio Link, watch the thread on iPod integration in the Tech Section. I'll be contacting my dealer and GM to get answers on availability and what specs will be required.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
97grandcaravan said:
All - I didn't test drive an Acadia with the DVD system, but in some cars this really blocks your view from the rear view mirror! Any owners check this out? (This is another reason I emailed Visualogic).
We have the DVD in our Acadia and it barely impedes the vision out the back window. By that I mean you can see about a half inch of the bottom of the DVD screen when it's fully extended in your rearview mirror. It doesn't even come close to being in the way or detracting from your view, though.

As for questions 1 & 2, so far just rumors, no official word on any websites. Although several members have been told this by dealers, I'd want to see it in writing before I trusted it completely. Dealers have been known to provide less than perfect info in the past.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I have word frommy dealer thatit is extended thru3/14/07.

Residuals andMFas well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That Bluetooth kit looks sweet! It always kind of irritated me that these new OnStar systems had hands-free integration, but only through the OnStar phone service. Many other manufacturers have adopted Bluetooth. I guess GM is just trying to make their money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts