GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an email from my dealership yesterday informing me that my 2009 Acadia order was accepted by production control and he went on to say that it has a tentative production week of September 8th. ;D He then estimated that the Acadia would arrive at the dealership for me to pick up during the week of October 13th!!! ???

Does this seem like a reasonable timeframe? Should it really take another month+ from the time production begins until I'm driving my baby home? I sure hope he told me the 13th knowing that it will be here much sooner, hence making me that much happier........I can't wait!!

FYI............Below is what I'm getting @ invoice price, plus they are installing the Headrest DVD System for me free of charge (normally ~$150 - $200)! I previously bought the DVD system back when I was close to ordering an '08 Acadia, then the strike came and well..........the DVD system is sitting on my fireplace mantle along with the all-weather floor mats and molded splash guards, I got a great deal on all of them from gmpartsdirect.com at that time!! And I have $3500 :cheers: in GM Card Earnings waiting to be applied towards this purchase.

SLT2 AWD
Deep Blue Metallic w/Ebony Perforated Heated/Cooled Leather
19" wheels
Sunroof
HID Headlamps
Technology Package
Visibility Package
Cargo Convenience Package
Advanced 2-way Remote Starter System

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Production seems to be hot or cold, never lukewarm. I recall reading a 2008 model (or was it 2007) was produced & delivered like 23 days after it was ordered! On the other hand, some are posting they can't even get info from their dealer, which leads me to believe it was not ordered for whatever reason. The first one delivered here, bseemore's, was really quick based on when production began. When I tried to co-relate the VINs I saw on Autotrader vs. production days, I estimated they were building up to 800 per day. A lot of estimating here, but they had units with VINs ending in 8xxx on dealer lots (at least on Autotrader) within 10 working days after production started.

I'd say your time frame is way excessive, although I see you also have the tech package w/ HUD. One of our members here said there was a shortage of harnesses for this, and it was slowing production.

UPDATE 8-11-08- I got a PM reply from one of our members that work at the plant. There is no issue with the HUD causing a delay.

The only possible silver lining here is the new rumor that GM may be doing something for labor day as far as incentives. We can only hope this is the case, it will cover our 2009 models, and be a lot of money. I could buy another crappy Japanese car and another Chevy V8 for $1,500! Not that I would, but I could.

EDIT
Found the 23 day reference here (good thread for you to read).

Summary
STATUS 6000 !!!!! Just arrived at the dealer and going to get it tonight, 2/20/08 after having placed the order on 1/28/08 !!!!! blob

23 DAYS FROM CUSTOM ORDER TO DELIVERY !!!!

EDIT 2- totally unscientific, just playing with numbers:
I also crunched the sales numbers for the 2008 models in our news section here. The slowest month was June with 4,197. Since there were 21 working days in June, dividing 4,197 by 21= 199 per day.

To tighten things up some, I also used the total Jan-Jul sales (43,666), allowing 23 working days per month average for these 7 months. I then got a figure of 271 per day.

I think the 800 figure is due to model year start-up and possibly working extra shifts. We actually have a member here that works at the Acadia/Outlook/Enclave plant. It would be interesting to get their take on production. I'll have to search & find them.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
pgh_acadia said:
I just received an email from my dealership yesterday informing me that my 2009 Acadia order was accepted by production control and he went on to say that it has a tentative production week of September 8th. ;D He then estimated that the Acadia would arrive at the dealership for me to pick up during the week of October 13th!!! ???

Does this seem like a reasonable timeframe? Should it really take another month+ from the time production begins until I'm driving my baby home? I sure hope he told me the 13th knowing that it will be here much sooner, hence making me that much happier........I can't wait!!
That seems a little long from production to delivery. If your Acadia is built sometime during the week of 9/8, figure 2-3 weeks to get it delivered to the dealer, but this could be a little shorter or longer depending upon how far it has to be shipped. Some dealers are just a truck transport away from the LDT plant and could get their deliveries within a week. Most Acadias are train shipped first and then truck transported to the dealer which is going to take a while longer. Your dealer may just be trying to cover his behind in giving you the long delivery timeframe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts