GMC Acadia Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I wonder if the dealer is not putting the correct fuse in? Maybe they need to trace it down and look for a short. How many miles do you have?, I mean you still have B2B right?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
illinoisonyx said:
Have been having problems with the heated washer fluid not working at all. when the button is pushed nothing comes up on the DIC and nothing happens, the first time it did not work the maxi fuse under the hood was blown. Dealer replaced fuse and worked twice then blew the fuse again. Second time the dealer replaced the heater module and fuse and it worked for a few months granted it was warm out and never used for about two months then it got cold outside and we used it a few times and now it is no longer working again, fuse is blown again. so back to the dealer for the third trip I was just wondering if anyone else was having trouble with blowing fuses. its an 09 so it is outside of the recall. I can definitely se why they were discontinued for 2010.
An 09 with heated washer-that's rare-anyway; did you mention the recall to your dealer?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Mine has it, only used it once just to try it out :-\. I think that they have been problematic from the get-go :banghead:.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
6Sixathome said:
Mine has it, only used it once just to try it out :-\. I think that they have been problematic from the get-go :banghead:.
Agreed; the recall should have fixed most; mine had the recall done and it works perfect although this part of the country doesn't allow me to use it~~I used it once when I bought the Acadia and haven't used it since.

·
Super Moderator
22,403 Posts
6Sixathome said:
This could be a user misunderstanding. It's not made to be 'on' all the time in cold, snowy weather driving. It won't melt ice built up on the blades from driving through the snow. Use it to remove frost from the windshield before you go out on the street and then turn it 'off.' That's the use for which it was designed.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Speleos said:
This could be a user misunderstanding. It's not made to be 'on' all the time in cold, snowy weather driving. It won't melt ice built up on the blades from driving through the snow. Use it to remove frost from the windshield before you go out on the street and then turn it 'off.' That's the use for which it was designed.
Exactly ;).

41 - 46 of 46 Posts