GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a heated seat kit to my 08 Acadia this past winter and have been trying to get some info as to what is normal. The dealer doesn't seem to be able to find any answers for me. Everything works fine till I try to use just the heated seat backs (top part of toggle switch). They operate for about a minute then shut off. Both drivers and passengers side do the same thing. The bottoms and the backs together seem to work fine (although I'm still not convinced the backs are working 100%). Does anyone with heated seats know if this is the way they work? The dealer is testing out Acadia's and Enclave's as they come in the shop but so far he's batting 50/50. Some seem to work like mine do and others stay on till the seats are turned off with the switch. Can anybody offer some insight for me?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
chopperjim said:
They operate for about a minute then shut off.
Does not sound right to me, although I don't think that I've used the backs alone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,233 Posts
chopperjim said:
I added a heated seat kit to my 08 Acadia this past winter and have been trying to get some info as to what is normal. The dealer doesn't seem to be able to find any answers for me. Everything works fine till I try to use just the heated seat backs (top part of toggle switch). They operate for about a minute then shut off. Both drivers and passengers side do the same thing. The bottoms and the backs together seem to work fine (although I'm still not convinced the backs are working 100%). Does anyone with heated seats know if this is the way they work? The dealer is testing out Acadia's and Enclave's as they come in the shop but so far he's batting 50/50. Some seem to work like mine do and others stay on till the seats are turned off with the switch. Can anybody offer some insight for me?
Not as mine work. Each control has three settings for the backs/bottoms options I believe and have never experienced any auto shutoff.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
mikemu said:
Not as mine work. Each control has three settings for the backs/bottoms options I believe and have never experienced any auto shutoff.
:ditto:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
mikemu said:
Not as mine work. Each control has three settings for the backs/bottoms options I believe and have never experienced any auto shutoff.
bonk1313 said:
:ditto:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Gonna have to work on the dealer to do some more digging and find out what's wrong before I need them again. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
This is my first post here, hope you dont mind me responding. My husband had the same thing happen with his Silverado not too long ago. When you pushed the button, it would light up as though it came on and within 30 seconds it would turn off. He took it to the dealership and they were able to fix it. I dont recall exactly what it was however it is a fault and they should be able to fix it. HTH.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,964 Posts
txmom said:
This is my first post here, hope you dont mind me responding. .... HTH.
That's what the forum is here for - Acadia folks helping Acadia folks. I want to be the first to welcome you, txmom (or do you prefer HTH?).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Thank you speleos! I know some boards can be quite picky about posting an intro etc first. :) txmom is good, HTH means hope that helps(ed) :thumb:

Also, I meant to say in my previous post it was covered under warranty.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,964 Posts
Gosh, I hate acronyms and cyber-speak! Too many double entendres available for misinterpretation. :blob:

BTW - we're not real picky about what posts here! There's a section for everything (almost!) :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
speleos said:
Gosh, I hate acronyms and cyber-speak! Too many double entendres available for misinterpretation. :blob:
Sorry! I am a message board veteran and I type them out before I even think about it! ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
Not to worry, the main things that get corrected here are the dreaded ALL CAPS and chatspeak (i, u, ur). We even have a part time Grammar Police contingent here, so it's a safe place to post. :)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,964 Posts
Blue, that's "part-time" grammar police! ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
See what I mean? I was going to type "Grammer" as a test word but decided to try something a little more obscure.

This place is just getting better & better. ::)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,964 Posts
:rofl: sorry Blue! Grammers been gone for a few years now. Gee, I miss her!!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top