GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have only had my Acadia for about a week, but I have an issue with the heated seats that I can't seem to find an answer to...........sometimes they work just fine, but at times they come on when I turn them on, but they shut off in about a minute. I notice this happens especially when we use both of them at the same time. Any information on this would be helpful. I thought I saw something about it on the forum, but when I search for heated seats I can't find anything now. Wondered if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks! Kay

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry, I didn't see the other post first about a 'poll'..for this kind of post...........Kay

·
Registered
217 Posts
How many other electrical items were operating when this happened? While I haven't had the problem of the heated seats turning off after a short period of time, it could be possible that the vehicle power management system is shutting off the seat heaters if too much power is being drawn by the electrical system. I am guessing this could happen if several high power drain items such as heater fan motor on high, rear window defroster, headlights, NAV/radio system and the seat heaters are all on at the same time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thinking about it and I think the fan motors were on in the front and the back......I am not sure. I know it was a very cold morning. I took it in to the shop but their computer was down and so they couldn't do the checks they needed to but it did do it for them.........they worked perfect though all the way home. Guess I will find out. I am having the lumber support repaired on Tues.........it is a manual one and not working.......they are going to check them out at that time. Will post here if I find out anything. I also have had an issue with the fuel float sticking when my fuel gets under 1/4 of a tank and sits on an incline when it is started up. I asked about that and they said that just happens sometimes. Will be talking with them again about that on Tues, but with the boss. We did not buy this new, we had a 2007 Ford Edge and were not happy with it at all. I did get over 19 mpg running around town last week, that is better than that little bitty edge did. so, I am over all happy. They will figure all the other stuff out.........I know they will :eek:) :angel:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
silverbullet said:
Thinking about it and I think the fan motors were on in the front and the back......I am not sure. I know it was a very cold morning. I took it in to the shop but their computer was down and so they couldn't do the checks they needed to but it did do it for them.........they worked perfect though all the way home. Guess I will find out. I am having the lumber support repaired on Tues.........it is a manual one and not working.......they are going to check them out at that time. Will post here if I find out anything. I also have had an issue with the fuel float sticking when my fuel gets under 1/4 of a tank and sits on an incline when it is started up. I asked about that and they said that just happens sometimes. Will be talking with them again about that on Tues, but with the boss. We did not buy this new, we had a 2007 Ford Edge and were not happy with it at all. I did get over 19 mpg running around town last week, that is better than that little bitty edge did. so, I am over all happy. They will figure all the other stuff out.........I know they will :eek:) :angel:
I'm pretty sure there was a TSB about the fuel gauge and being parked on an incline. I think there is actually a software upgrade to a module to fix that. As for the heated seats. Ours stay on all the time. My wife turns hers on high almost 100% of the time. That along with her temp set to 90 and she is actually warm. Man am I happy we have different temp controls. :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
GAR said:
My wife turns hers on high almost 100% of the time. That along with her temp set to 90 and she is actually warm. Man am I happy we have different temp controls. :)
:ditto:

I tried turning on everything in the car last night on the drive home, the heated seats stayed on the entire time, no overload. The only time the heated seats turn off is when I use the remote start, they are on during the remote start period, then they turn off when I put the key in the ignition and turn to the on position - they then turn off and I have to manually turn them back on again - I am pretty sure this is normal operation.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
johnway said:
....The only time the heated seats turn off is when I use the remote start, they are on during the remote start period, then they turn off when I put the key in the ignition and turn to the on position - they then turn off and I have to manually turn them back on again - I am pretty sure this is normal operation.....
:ditto:

That's exactly the way mine work.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mine work that way also maybe a temp sensor problem. Do both the seats turn off or just one?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both of them do it.......it is intermittent so I am pretty sure it is a problem. sometimes the stay on constant, and other times they might stay on 3 or 4 minutes and then turn off. Strange. guess I will let you know what we find out! :eek:)

Thanks for the info about the fuel gauge too. I will let them know I know it........they acted like it was no big deal......live with it! I was surprised. Never had this dealership act that way about any problem I have had with any vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Forgot to mention, I don't have remote start :eek:( so that isn't effecting this situation. thanks much though! ;D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was your service department able to figure out this problem? I'm having the same problem that you describe with a 2007 Acadia. We've had it in to the service department and both times we've taken it they can't seem to find anything wrong. Very frustrating considering winter is here again, and my wife wants to keep toasty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts