GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that on the gm accessories site there is a heated cloth seat button panel for SLEs that did not come with this option. Anybody had this done to date?

Wonder if the kit just includes the buttons and the heating elements are already in the seats??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check with my dealer and they stated the package comes with Control buttons, module, wiring harness, heating elements for both Driver and Passenger seats.

It also states that it will take 4.0 units for a dealer to install. I'm guessing that each unit is approx 1 hr and approx $400 to install at $100 per hour.

Parts department rep states that most, if not all people have the item install by the dealer as it involves a good deal work to tear apart the seats .... etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just got around to installing the factory kit I bought about 10 months ago. The directions are a little frustrating and it involves adding terminals to the BCM harnesses in 3 different places all over the interior. It does require some skill with auto electric and upholstery. I took pics and will put a thread together eventually. Also have to get the dealer to activate them, which was the case with the ipod adapter I previously installed. Overall I am happy with it and would do it again. It's not as easy to install as aftermarket kits, but the factory look is great.

jo

·
Registered
359 Posts
What was the total cost of the project and how long did it take in all to install?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmmm, this is interesting. When we ordered our Acadia with cloth seats we wanted the seat heaters installed. Dealer called the installer (GM uses Mass or something like that?) and they would only do the driver seat (seat and back) and the passenger (back). They said they wouldn't do the passenger seat because of the airbag sensor. Canadian dealer. Strange! :angryfire:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Mass Electronics. They do all the radio and entertainment system work for dealers in my area.

Interesting they wouldn't do the passenger lower seat for the air-bag sensor. GM puts in seat heaters in leather seats (bottom and back) on the passenger side. Don't see what the issue would be. The air-bag sensor would be in there just the same.

BLUE: Thx! I was reading that thread earlier but I don't think Jason's pics and details about the Katzkins were on there yet.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
BigTallVandy said:
Mass Electronics. They do all the radio and entertainment system work for dealers in my area.

Interesting they wouldn't do the passenger lower seat for the air-bag sensor[/color]. GM puts in seat heaters in leather seats (bottom and back) on the passenger side. Don't see what the issue would be. The air-bag sensor would be in there just the same.
+1; something doesn't seem right about that; must be lack of confidence

·
Registered
1 Posts
canuckdrvr said:
Hmmm, this is interesting. When we ordered our Acadia with cloth seats we wanted the seat heaters installed. Dealer called the installer (GM uses Mass or something like that?) and they would only do the driver seat (seat and back) and the passenger (back). They said they wouldn't do the passenger seat because of the airbag sensor. Canadian dealer. Strange! :angryfire:
Same thing happened to me. I have a 2012 Acadia and I got them to install leather and the heated seats. They also only put the heat on the back for the passenger and stated that they can't put it on the bottom because of the airbag sensor. Canadian dealership as well. What's up with that? Don't understand considering that factor leather comes with heat on the bottom and back for the passenger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts