GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is heads up display worth it? About half of the people say it's a distraction? What do you all think?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I had the head up display in my Grand Prix that I drove for 154,000 miles. It is really nice, and cool to have, but after having it in that car, I decided not to pay the cash for it again. I think it really comes down to personal preference. Good luck making the decision.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Love it! Absolutely love it!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I love it as well. I would definitely get it again. Small price to pay for the upgrade. It is only a couple of hundred bucks. :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
I had it on my last car too. Never found it to be distracting. I ove it. This one is nice too, very clear, easy to read and 3 possible views. Would be hard for me not to get it on my next car

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I love it even though out of habit I sometimes don't use it. I don't think it's a distraction at all.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don't find the HUD distracting at all. In fact, its probably saved me from a couple speeding tickets. ;D
Count me in the group that loves the HUD and would get it again. :thumb:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Love it. I wouldn't buy one without it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Love it!! Love it!!! Love it!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
When shopping for our Acadia, the HUD was something I was not going to order. But then when we decided on a car that was already ordered by the dealer for stock, it had the HUD. And now after 8 months, I LOVE it. And yes, a rather small feature, but one that I would want on my next car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I definitely love it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found it Really distracting, and would probably Not order that if i was ordering an Acadia, luckily it has controls so you can dim it or turn it off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did not think I would like it but after 4 months I find that I never look at the dash any more only the HUD. Count me in as someone who likes it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It would not have changed my decision purchase, but I have to say I'm pretty fond of it. I don't look much at the dash either, it seems to keep my eyes on the road as the vital info is right out there above the hood. Just my two cents, but I'd get it again. Erik

·
Registered
264 Posts
We had a 99 Grand Prix with it and love it on the acadia. I truly miss it when i drive my truck after a trip in the acadia. :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I already had it on one of my other vehicles and when I discovered it was an option on the Acadia I knew I had to have it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Used it for the first few months but have pretty much lost interest since. Probably the indication of music info from the sat radio was its biggest value to me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Had it on my old Grand Prix, my new Grand Prix and now the Acadia. It was one of the deciding factors between the Saturn and GMC. I do think that it is a personal preference but most people seem to really like it once they have it. I do think it is safer than looking down all the time from both a distraction and speeding standpoint. I wish more vehicles offered it as an option, but I do feel "cool" riding next to some of the expensive imports knowing that it is one option that all the extra money they paid can't get them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do I like it, yes. Would I absolutely have to have it on MY next vehicle, NO, unless it free. What can I tell ya, I'm cheap. Actually the Acadia is my wife's vehicle. She wanted it , she got it, she paid for it. I did get in the vheicle a month ago and asked her how long the check engine light had been on, and she said she never looks down there any more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
:)When we were looking for our Acadia I was going to order one but I found one with everything we wanted except XM Radio. It also had several things on it that I wasn't going to order including HUD, power liftgate and the remote start. The HUD is great although I don't get to use it that often because this is my wife's vehicle. The remote start and the power liftgate are also must haves.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts