GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! For those of you who happen to still plan on spending time in front of the computer, I wonder if you happen to know the answer to any of our questions (ok, I know that all you experts know the answers ;))!

1- We just took a demo drive in a 2009 Acadia, SLT1. Very sweet. But, first thing my husband noticed is that the headrest just killed him (and me), it is angled in such a way as to push our heads forward uncomfortably. We raised and lowered it which helped a little but wonder if there is anything else that can be done? If we purchased a SLT2, would that allow for more adjustments with the headrests? Any ideas at all would be appreciated because we are so close to being able to buy!

2- If we ordered a HUD, do you know if there is a button to turn it off when you don't wish to have it on? I would love it but it would be distracting for my husband when he is driving (haha, he thinks he can actually drive it ;D)

3- Do you happen to know when it would be possible to price out a 2010? Maybe August?? There is no info on the GMC website (getting so close to summer, seems having another year of warranty would be a good idea)-

4- Lastly (really!), besides more warranty, does anyone know what extra features a 2010 will have vs. a 2009?

Thank you ALL!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
BeckyD8164 said:
Hi everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! For those of you who happen to still plan on spending time in front of the computer, I wonder if you happen to know the answer to any of our questions (ok, I know that all you experts know the answers ;))!

1- We just took a demo drive in a 2009 Acadia, SLT1. Very sweet. But, first thing my husband noticed is that the headrest just killed him (and me), it is angled in such a way as to push our heads forward uncomfortably. We raised and lowered it which helped a little but wonder if there is anything else that can be done? If we purchased a SLT2, would that allow for more adjustments with the headrests? Any ideas at all would be appreciated because we are so close to being able to buy!
No other position options for SLE, SLT1 or SLT2. None of them tilt. If you get the DVD headrests, they are even larger. I personally don't have a problem with any of them[/color]

BeckyD8164 said:
2- If we ordered a HUD, do you know if there is a button to turn it off when you don't wish to have it on? I would love it but it would be distracting for my husband when he is driving (haha, he thinks he can actually drive it ;D)
Yes you can adjust the position of it, dim it, and turn it off.[/color]

BeckyD8164 said:
3- Do you happen to know when it would be possible to price out a 2010? Maybe August?? There is no info on the GMC website (getting so close to summer, seems having another year of warranty would be a good idea)-
I don't think orders are produced until late july, so it will probably be a while before you can price it out. The 2009 information didn't hit the GMC site till September if I remember correctly. there is a way to manipulate the HTTP address for GMC.com to look at 2010 stuff but I just tried it and nothing was different, so it will be a while. Even ordering a 2010 from the dealer would probably be difficult. I remember people trying to get info from the dealer about the 2009s just as they were starting to be produced and the dealer did not even know what the final base price was going to be. Probably get a better deal on an 09 on the lot. [/color]

BeckyD8164 said:
4- Lastly (really!), besides more warranty, does anyone know what extra features a 2010 will have vs. a 2009? Thank you ALL!
I can't answer this but I am sure someone will... If I had to guess, less special little things that same a few bucks here there like they did with the 2009's[/color]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In case anyone is interested in knowing, we were just at our large dealer who told us that no more orders can be taken for 2009's, and 2010's will most likely be able to be ordered in a month or two. They have not been given pricing on the 2010's yet nor have been told what changes there will be-

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and Thank You Bonk for all the information, it really helped! :thumb:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Scroll back a bit in the forum. There was a recent post that had a link to the adds/changes/deletes from the '09 to '10 models.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Moved to buying & leasing since these are purchase questions.

Someone should write a guide here that helps to answer some of these questions, and then make it a sticky. ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mtnbound, but I'm afraid I am having no luck finding it. I have been searching up to an hour now and hate to ask for fear of getting in trouble :-\ but I can't find any posting about the 2009 vs. 2010 add/changes/deletes. Maybe I am doing this wrong.....

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
It's here:
2010 changes

It was 8 posts down (below the sticky posts) in "GMC Acadia" since it was fairly recent.

You won't get in trouble for asking most questions, but in a majority of the cases, you can find the answer more quickly on your own if you will take a few minutes to look around. Our search function is different than many of the forums people use, so this is why I specify to use the upper left button vs. the other one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, it sure is there. How in the world did I miss that :eek:hno:? I did use the upper right search box, will try to remember to use the left from now on, thanx!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
OK, Blue. I have been on this forum for 2 years and I think I am losing it. Where is the LEFT search box? I only have the one on the right. Maybe this is why I have a ____ of a time finding anything when I search.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not to speak for Blue, but I thought he meant to click on the word 'search', which is on the left side, next to the word 'home' and 'help' on the main page.....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Thanks, I don't get the ads and stuff that others do and I thought I was missing some good stuff!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Thanks Becky, you're the helpful new member of the day, that was what I meant. :thumb: If I let Mrs. Blue speak for me, I'd probably only have 2 cars... ;D

<Search segue a/k/a :hijacked:>
I saw this was a problem since joining- almost all of the other car forums I use are VBulletin, and SMF (what is used here) was new ground to me. VBulletin has only one search button/area. Both of the forum softwares do the same stuff, just in different ways. Each has good points and weak points. Think of it as being an English speaker and learning to speak Canadian or vice-versa, eh? :)

SMF has two search areas. The one everyone sees is the upper right next to the magnifying glass icon and the "Search" button. Using this one limits your search ability to the board or thread you are on, so chances are you won't see the info you're looking for if it is on another board. The upper right box is very useful for finding that post about a Bessemer Converter in the 10 page long thread you are in when you don't want to read all 10 pages. VBulletin has a similar function on each thread that is labeled "Search this thread" or something similar.

This is one of the big reasons why we ask people to please post in correct sections and move/merge posts to keep them aligned. As with happened to Becky or most new members or people new to SMF, she searched by using the upper right box, and couldn't find the info she needed since it was on another board.

I've revised my signature to help in this area- I only have 7 characters left in it so I can't add anything else, like my Acadia info or even a link to all my wonderful vehicles :( . We need some Texas-sized signatures around these parts!

Since I started my own forum recently, admin has been a big help on getting it set up & I continue to learn about the ins & outs (more outs to start with!) of forum administration. I'm thinking we can modify the forum to rename the upper right button to "Search this thread" or something similar. I'll look into it, and post on the forum feedback board.

</segue>

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also found the front headrest to be unbearable. So I found an old post in here which spoke of removing the middle seat headrest. I removed one and switched it with the front headrest - its so much more comfortable and I still get the whiplash support.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts