GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this posted on another Outlook forum:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Saturn-OUTLOOK-XR-AWD-Custom-Jon-Bon-Jovi-Kenneth-Cole-2007-Saturn-OUTLOOK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6382QQihZ004QQitemZ140082835412QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Apparently Bon Jovi & Kenneth Cole teamed up to customize an Outlook for a charity auction. If you click thru and look at the pix, you'll see a set of headrest monitors, which as supposedly GM accessories available later this year. Much nicer than the 7" factory setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Around here, most dealers can get this done, and probably get two monitors in there for the price of the one up top.

Also, these are probably not just monitors, but a lot like this have a DVD slot in the top of them, so each headrest can be showing something different (and different than the one up top).

We went with the factory DVD, as we need to control access on a day to day basis for our little one.

We also have a portable which will fold flat with the screen outward, and I have looked for a pouch or sling which will mount it to a seatback, the one it came with is a sling to go between both seats and has the portable open at a 90-degeee angle. Would still like a mount that will hold it flat tightly against the back of a seat (that way, I can use it in my Mustang with my daughter as well).

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Same here, we need to be able to change DVD's and such easily for our son.

Have a portable DVD player that we will probably hook up in the Passat.

When you find a nice harness please post here as I am interested.

Will the DVD player play DVD's burn from TIVO recordings?? Just wondering.

·
Registered
310 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Will the DVD player play DVD's burn from TIVO recordings?? Just wondering.
I don't know, may depend on your method and your media. Many players are finicky about using DVD-R or DVD+R, (and don't even start with the RW and the Dual Layer recorded). The factory DVD player is supposed to play MP3, and I hope you can burn a DVD with MP3s instead of just CD/MP3; if I can burn a dual layer DVD with MP3, I can probably get all 500 of my albums onto 2 or 3 DVDs to take on a trip.

On the TiVo front, if you are burning to an external DVD recorder (like a VCR style recorder) - I cannot believe that if the media is compatible, why the movie would not play. MPEG2 is MPEG2.

Another thing I will be doing will be to d/l TV shows my wife and I have missed from iTunes to the iPod and playing that through the A/V inputs.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Really? You must be pretty tall. I can barely see the very bottom of it when it's fully down. Now granted, I'm only 5'10" but since you can adjust the seat height, I'm surprised it's blocking your view so much...

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm 6'3 and the monitor pretty much blocks out the rear window. At least the part that matters the most, the middle. As an option I put down the headrests in the third row. That way you can see through the bottom of the window better, and with the monitor up you get considerably more rear view vision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts