GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that use the wireless headsets with your headrest DVDs (instead of playing the sound through the radio), how is your reception?

It seems that as soon as I take the headsets from the 2nd row to the 3rd row, the reception deteriorates rapidly. Constantly cutting in and out and nearly impossible to switch from Channel A to Channel B while still getting good reception. I've tested them with the FM Modulator feature ON and OFF, but this seems to have no effect.

Only thing I've yet to do is change the batteries (Haven't had a chance to get to a store). I've metered the batteries and they are showing 1.45 volts on them. Brand-new batteries typically have 1.6 volts or so.

I find it hard to believe that moving 2 feet from 2nd to 3rd row would have such a profound effect with slightly weakened batteries. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?? ??? ???

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Maybe you are getting some interference from the roof mounted antenna?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jsimms said:
Maybe you are getting some interference from the roof mounted antenna?

Maybe, though I doubt it would be that sensitive? Hopefully others with the Headrest DVDs and the wireless Headsets can chime in on how their's work in the 3rd row. :-\

1 - 3 of 3 Posts