GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! 2009 SLT1. I understand that you can play the headrest dvd audio through the radio speakers. Can someone please point me to the directions on how?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
You should be able to switch the radio to hear the DVD; although I have the overhead DVD so it may be different for headrest DVD's

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Buckeye0421 said:
Help! 2009 SLT1. I understand that you can play the headrest dvd audio through the radio speakers. Can someone please point me to the directions on how?

I will take a look at mine later, and reply with directions. Give me a couple of hours.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Buckeye0421 said:

I will take a look at mine later, and reply with directions. Give me a couple of hours.
OK Bonk; it's been 3 hours why haven't you responded yet? j/k ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Don't hold me to this, but if I remember on mine, using the remote, you can go into the menu or just push a button and set the FM frequency that you want to use and then all you have to do is set the radio to it. I haven't done it yet because I use a audio plug from one of the headrests to the aux input and it works for our 2 year old. The only thing that bothers me about it is the whine I hear caused by interference (I believe) from power. i know you can buy a line convertor thingy that will get rid of that at Radio Shack.

Bill

·
Registered
70 Posts
Buckeye0421 said:
My remote is at home (with my Acadia), so I don't know exactly which button you push................but you simply push a button (looking at the remote it should be fairly obvious which one to push) and it cycles through 6 different FM stations (you'll see these station #s displayed and cycled on the DVD screen). You pick one, tune to it on your radio and presto, you can hear the DVD sound through your speakers. :thumb: They give you 6 choices so that you have options in case there is static on any of the various frequencies based on where you are located/driving at a certain time. I have yet to have any problems with static though. It has always sounded crystal clear to me. I picked 89.9 (I think?) 8) ;D

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
pgh_acadia said:
Buckeye0421 said:
My remote is at home (with my Acadia), so I don't know exactly which button you push................but you simply push a button (looking at the remote it should be fairly obvious which one to push) and it cycles through 6 different FM stations (you'll see these station #s displayed and cycled on the DVD screen). You pick one, tune to it on your radio and presto, you can hear the DVD sound through your speakers. :thumb: They give you 6 choices so that you have options in case there is static on any of the various frequencies based on where you are located/driving at a certain time. I have yet to have any problems with static though. It has always sounded crystal clear to me. I picked 89.9 (I think?) 8) ;D
He is right the button is on the right side at near the top. Says "sound arround". Push the button and pick your channel. Sorry work delayed this.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Buckeye0421 said:
Wow! Thanks for the responses! I really appreaciate the help
Not to toot the forum's horn, but this is the kind of responses you should expect; thorough and hopefully useful. Everyone here does their best to answer questions and with over 9K members you are bound to get your question answered. :puke: and have fun with your Acadia!

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello all just picked up 09 slt here in northern NJ. it did come with nav but no dvd so i needed to put in head rest dvds. i set up the radio to 89.5 which works the best of all stations but as i travel down the road the station signal goes in and out and picks up other stations . head phones work fine but like to be be able to laugh as a family at the movie. dealer tells me it is what it is. any help as how to fix it wold be great. can it be directly wired as one fixed station?my denalli did not have this problem. :help:

thanks,

Joerock

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
We had this problem when we were traveling cross country. My son would have to switch stations as we moved into transmission areas. As I am typing, I wonder if you could switch to AM since there are less stations. I, too, would like a fix.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I don't think they do AM also. One or the other I believe.

They will do that because of the strength quality of interference... You also have to remember, that XM radio dashboard units also use FM Modulators... So it is possible to pickup the car next to you or near you, if they are using the same FM frequency.... I have been lucky with 90.3 I think it is... Seems pretty consistently clear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got installed GM dual headrest DVD players this weekend. They are very slick. Everything is working fine, but I do have one question.

I can get the A unit to play audio through the radio via the FM transmitter, but not the B unit. I can toggle the FM transmitter on and off on the A unit only. The B unit seems to be unresponsive to the same (B side) commands to turn the FM Transmitter on and off. Should these be capable of turning on the FM transmitter from either DVD player? Is this the expected behavior?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts